Saturday, March 11, 2023

A Nice Update on Our Fire Department Encounter – & – My Latest Kitchen Gadget

I’ve been meaning to share for some time that I did send a message praising our town’s firefighters. The fire chief had an email address on the city website. Naming each individual, I told the story of my embarrassing little episode in the kitchen.

Chief Westendorf replied:
“Thank you so much for passing this message along. I have forwarded a copy of you message to each of our staff, and council. Additionally, a copy of this letter will be placed in each of their personnel files to document the good work they have done. Franklin is a wonderful community, and you have helped demonstrate that for all.”

He added “Enjoy your weekend!”, which his replay helped me do. ~grin~ Now onto my new toy gadget.

Having gained a sincere appreciation for cast iron pans I researched how best to clean them. My husband also liked what I found. Not only has it turned out to have multiple uses (scouring bamboo cutting boards and my Korean dolsot), owning what is essentially chainmail makes me feel like a true kitchen warrior. Heh…

It’s also dishwasher safe!

Wasn’t the fire chief’s reply nice? Do you like my chainmail?

-

10 comments:

  1. You can use it in self defense if you need to one day. I know you have to dry the cast iron pans before putting away or they rust. Think I used to put in on lowest elment heat for a few minutes when I had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this small piece would protect much of my fat body. lol

      Delete
  2. The reply from fire chief was nice. Chainmail...haha, just don't start wearing it! Would really have to worry then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to receive a response from the fire chief as it was for you to compliment them. The chainmail looks like for serious cleaning. We've had the same extremely heavy cast iron fry pan for nearly four decades. Nothing ever really sticks to it. It is washed in clear hot water and a little oil spread over the inside surface and put away. Before the first use was as for a wok, burn it with plenty of oil spread inside. Actually, our wok would be thirty years old too and the same cleaning process for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay; good to know. Thanks for sharing your insights. :)

      Delete
  4. That was a nice reply. Interesting new gadget. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good Fire Chief, I'll be he's pretty popular with the front line crews.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!