Saturday, April 25, 2015

V is for Voltaire aka Aurelio Voltaire Hernández, Gothic Rocker

I would not have known how to classify the music of Aurelio Voltaire Hernández before reading about the man online. While several categories are listed on his Wikipedia article, my favorite is something called dark cabaret. Incidentally, that puts his art in the same genre as two other favorites of mine, IAMX and Tom Waits.

One of his popular hits featured in an episode of the 2000’s era cartoon “Billy and Mandy”.  Called “BRAINS!”, it’s terrifically dark and funny, plus downright catchy with some wonderfully fat horns. The man’s voice is fabulous, too.

If you want to find any of his songs, you will want to search using the name Aurelio Voltaire. Apparently, there are other bands going by Voltaire these days. But to me, he’s the real deal.

-

6 comments:

  1. I knew nothing about him until I read this, but I've just searched him and he was very interesting character indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you looked him up! Now I must go read what you've posted today. ~grin~ Best wishes.

      Delete
  2. This is the first time I've heard of him. Since I love Tom Waits, I'll have to check him out. Thanks.

    (also @ http://glamofgod.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm glad you like Tom Waits. I regret not hearing about him sooner than I did. ~grin~ Best wishes!

      Delete
  3. I've not heard of him either but I'm now going to find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy his music! Thank you for stopping by with a kind word.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!