Monday, April 20, 2015

Q is for Zachary Quinto

Zachary Quinto first came to my notice when he portrayed Spock in the 2009 movie “Star Trek”. I’m sure many fellow science fiction geeks are well aware of this. He really does a fantastic job, in my humble opinion. But I’m more of a horror fan than admirer of this rebooted cinematic series.

And Mr. Quinto was amazing as Dr. Oliver Thredson on television’s “American Horror Story: Asylum”. He looked the period part, too, with that black hair all slicked down and the sixties era conservative dark suit and tie. This is shallow, but he made that look sexy.

“AHS: Asylum” is definitely not for the faint of heart. Its introduction showed so many warning letters (TV-MA, L, S, V for the various parental guidelines) that my partner called it alphabet soup. And yet we could hardly wait for each week’s new episode.

Scary themes and dark storylines are somewhat of an addiction, I must admit. Is there a guilty pleasure on your DVR?

-

14 comments:

  1. I am so out of touch with popular culture these days. I'm off to Google him now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad. After reading your blog post today, I understand that it's no wonder. You don't have time! Best wishes. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Scary themes and dark story-lines are not something I'm normally interested in, but your posts could just convert me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting! Some of your flash fiction stories have given me delicious chills. Thanks so much for stopping by. And happy writing!

      Delete
  3. I think Zachary Quinto is a great actor! I must admit that I find AHS to be a bit too scary for me! I liked him in Star Trek, of course, but I think of him more from his role as Sylar in "Heroes." Definitely one of the best villains ever !
    A-to-Z-er Jetgirl visiting via Forty, c'est Fantastique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information. I've never watched "Heroes"! May have to check it out now. I really enjoy your posts, by the way. Happy blogging, my dear.

      Delete
  4. Saw that Star Trek, so I think I know the actor you're talking about. Sometimes I'm a little behind on popular stars!
    Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss a lot of people, myself. There are just too many more interesting things to do than watch television all the time. Best wishes! And thank you for stopping by with a kind word.

      Delete
  5. I've been re-watching M.A.S.H. I have a crush on Alan Alda. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that was a great show, to be sure. It hold up well, too. Best wishes, my friend!

      Delete
  6. Zachary Quinto will forever be Skylar from Heroes for me. I think he did a beautiful job as Spock, but Skylar imprinted him on me, so I had to open up big time to accept him as that character. You should definitely check it out! Thanks for visiting my blog --. Jeri from storytellingmatters.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip. And the kind word. Best wishes!

      Delete
  7. Not sure about that show- but I love the actor and his courage to come out as openly gay in Hollywood and the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is pretty darn cool. Thanks for the kind words! Best wishes, my dear.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!