Thursday, April 23, 2015

T is for Trending - How to Use it in a Short Story

I recently heard a humorous dramatization on the radio program This American Life that makes fun, in part, of trending. BJ Novak wrote the tale called “Julie and the Warlord” about a couple who met on an online dating service.

From the WBEZ archives of “This American Life”, I learned that Alison Brie plays Julie and Tunde Adebimpe plays the Warlord. Their talented interaction really sells the tale. It’s absurd and hilarious.

I mean, he’s a Warlord. And this ruthless, murdering man obsesses to Julie about how his name is trending on Twitter.

The short story is part of a compilation. If interested, you can read about the book and play the audio here:

Excerpt From B.J. Novak's One More Thing

-

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting. I’d intended A-Z to be a fun way to improve my numbers. I had no visitors from the challenge so I stopped at Q. You’re doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sorry you had no visitors. Best wishes, my dear. And I just visited the Tabby Cat Club and adored "meeting" Prancie. What lucky felines to have such adoring humans.

      Delete
  2. Trending on Twitter is obviously SOOO important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~grin~ Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad to have found your blog on the A to Z challenge.

      Delete
  3. What would we do without Twitter? Actually it wouldn't worry me because I don't use it! Facebook's quite enough to be getting on with thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, my friend. In fact, I don't get on Facebook very much despite having a page there. ~grin~ Best wishes! I look forward to checking out your blog today.

      Delete
  4. ~giggle~ I adore that the Warlord is upset that he's trending. That's *perfect*. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that clever! Thanks for the kind comment. For some reason, I'm still having trouble leaving comments on your blogs. ~rolls eyes~ I'm a failure at technology. And I love your writings, too!

      Delete
  5. But trending means more people would know to tremble under the wrath of the Warlord! It's a good thing. LOL

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true! ~grin~ Best wishes. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!