Tuesday, April 21, 2015

R is for Robot Chicken

“Robot Chicken” has to be one of the funniest shows on the planet. Of course, I have a twisted sense of humor. Thank heaven, so does Seth Green.

Remember Thunder Cats and Masters of the Universe? These folks animate the toys for hilariously irreverent sketches. Sometimes, the writers pull something out of where the sun don’t shine. One can’t help wondering if controlled substances are a creative tool. One of my favorite skits features a clown funeral.

Yes, you read that right. Don’t think that sounds like an amusing scenario? Try adding a jack-in-the-box coffin.

Yes. They went there.

In that same episode they really upped the tempo, cranking out countless vignettes in a very short amount of time. Thank heaven for the DVR, because we routinely rewind a segment in order to catch all the gags.

The writers are not afraid of offending anybody and they rip on every trope imaginable. If you like to laugh, set your DVR for “Robot Chicken” featured during Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim programming and prepare to be amused, or maybe appalled.

Honestly, I feel humor is very important to human health. What’s your favorite source of laughter?

-

14 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing the humour in everyday life. It may not seem funny at the time, but sooner or later a funny story can be told from most aggravating situations. At least that is what I keep telling myself...LOL! Thanks for making me think Darla! Enjoying your blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Too bad I cannot tell stories like my brother. He has a gift. Thank you for the kind word!

      Delete
  2. Easy - tickling! I LOVE a good tickle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Keith. Thank you for the great reply!

      Delete
  3. We don't get Robot Chicken in Britain so I had to look at a clip on Youtube. I watched Disney Princess War, which was hilarious! I'm going to have to watch a few more now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful! I'm so glad to have spread the fun. I look forward to what you post tomorrow for the A to Z challenge, my dear.

      Delete
  4. Robot Chicken? Not heard of it, but confession, I do think Archer is funny - tacky and outrageous, but ROFL funny. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    BTW, please include your link if you comment on other blogs so that others can find you easily and reciprocate any comments. Also other peeps who read your comment can find you and visit you.

    Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to read an endorsement of Archer, something I've considered watching but never followed through on the idea. Awesome! I should record it.

      And thank you for the kind suggestion. I had some trouble including a link in some of the comments and forgot to keep trying. ~blush~ I look forward to following your blog in the future.

      Delete
  5. Humor is definitely essential. I'm going to have to check out that show . . . sometimes a little out there is needed to remind us that the every day is pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully said. Thank you for stopping by! Best wishes.

      Delete
  6. Haven't tried Robot chicken yet but now I will. Futurama and Southpark are two of my favourite sources of laughter. Also Bugs Bunny, Looney Tunes and Animaniacs.

    Visiting from A to Z,
    also @ http://glamofgod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that reminds me that I have more Bugs Bunny cartoons to watch. My partner bought me a comprehensive Looney Tunes collection but we petered out while watching the sadly tedious Tweety Bird cartoons. Old footage of the animators is awesome, by the way.

      Delete
  7. Love Seth Green ever since his Buffy days !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, sister! He never seems to age, and I hope he lives a very long and productive life. The man sure seems to enjoy himself.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!