Friday, April 10, 2015

I is for Insomnia - A Scourge of the Modern Age

Sleeplessness is the state in which many of these A-Z topics were conceived. For some reason I woke at 3am and could not shut down my brain. Fortunately, this is rare for me.

My partner, however, rations out a prescription drug that does not always do a darn thing. As a result, this household has no typical set schedule. Sometimes, I feel exasperated. I’m half tempted to slip some valerian root into my partner’s evening cup of tea or something.

Circadian rhythm is quite important to health and even sanity. Unfortunately, classic suggestions like daily exercise and set nighttime rituals fall on deaf ears.

I hope that you enjoy healthy, natural sleep like me. And if not, maybe one of us can find something workable and share it.

-

6 comments:

  1. Visiting from A/Z. l have to admit, I'm one of those that wake up sometime during the night and its 50/50 if I get back to sleep or not. However, I do write my best blog posts at 3 a.m. in the morning, in my mind, LOL. I rarely remember them when I wake up (if I do get back to sleep) but they sure are brilliant at that hour of the night :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Betty. I actually sat up that night and repeatedly wrote ideas in a notebook by the light of my Kindle Fire. ~grin~ Best wishes on better sleep patterns.

      Delete
  2. I've had bouts of insomnia off and on my whole life. It's the worst.

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stinks. I hope you find a solution. And I love your movie smackdown for the challenge. What a clever idea!

      Delete
  3. I tend to go to be so late at night that when I go early, I can't sleep.

    J.L. Campbell - The Character Depot | A-Z Challenge Co-Host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I spoke of the circadian rhythm, my body seems to lack an internal clock. Some nights I get by on four or five hours of sleep, others may go on for nine. It seems to rely upon whether I have something to anticipate the next morning. If I'm by the Atlantic ocean, my brain has me up before sunrise so I can enjoy it. ~grin~ Thanks for stopping by. And great word on your blog - jeremiad. That's a great term.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!