Monday, April 6, 2015

E is for Energy Boosters

Now that I am exercising regularly, my appetite has understandably increased. It’s a struggle not to overeat without feeling miserably famished.

For you woman out there, here’s a rotten fact. Because of that b!7@% we call biology, our brain chemistry triggers hunger proportionate to the calories just burned in case we become pregnant. Can you believe that? I am sure just about everyone living with modern luxury knows how much faster you can ingest 500 calories than you can burn them off.

And that burns me up! But I digress…

I admit that I’m no vegetarian. So the easiest, cheap protein snacks are boiled eggs. I cannot believe that never occurred to me. Another option I have been enjoying is, actually, baked tofu sticks. They are easy to make, and I found them quite tasty spread with a little mix of peanut butter and jelly since the tofu took on almost the texture of bread.

Here’s a recipe I’m thinking of trying, in case you’re interested:

Baked Sesame Tofu Sticks

Happy snacking! And please let me know if you have any tasty suggestions.

-

4 comments:

  1. Hmm. I hadn't heard of baked tofu sticks; that's an interesting idea!

    For me, I like frozen fruit and Greek-style yogurt; one cup of the yogurt is relatively low in calories but has a ton of protein (like 22 grams!) so I feel full. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of protein! I need to check out the different brands. What I usually buy has more carbs than I want. Thank you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Aldi store brand, for the price/quality; also Trader Joe's (which is owns by the same company). The commercial brands are Fage and Chobani, but those, in my opinion, are way overpriced (for the yuppy factor).

      Delete
  3. I love tofu! I should really eat more of it! Will have to try that recipe. Thanks, Darla!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!