Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The Gift That Keeps on Giving


Most of the folks kind enough to keep reading this silly blog know my adoration of music in general and, of late, for the young musicians of Palaye Royale. Inspired by other introverts, I’d like to meet these reportedly super nice guys, who always man their merchandise table after their sets to talk with fans.

I hope to tell them how their music eased my heartache after Mom died. I’d also like to show my appreciation with some sort of affectionate token. It’s not uncommon for people to bring artwork, a favorite food, or something fashionable.

Boom Boom Room (Side A) Album Cover
See Their Beloved Dog at Lower Right?
At first I found three vintage items among my own jewelry, scarves, and sunglasses from my contact lens wearing days. But wisdom intruded. I’m not some little girl. I am old enough to have birthed these guys. So while I may be a ‘dirty old lady’ at heart, my intentions are pure.

Then I had a memory of seeing Remington Leith playing a trivia game. Given the name Goldie Hawn, he passed on the question. That saddened me. How could he not know this fabulous actress? And an idea was born.

Also a fan of their music, just not in favor of attending live shows with only one good ear, SO joined in my enthusiastic listing of movies. It started with “Death Becomes Her”, of course, and now includes a dozen others. I plan to insert the list within a letter of appreciation explaining how and when I found their music.

I think this is more practical considering their nomadic ways, long hours of boredom, and limited space. Maybe my originality will even make an impression.

Should I include the much maligned “Howard the Duck”? I liked that movie. Heh…

-

17 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm stuck on Howard the Duck. I liked that movie too. How fun.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another fan?! I never thought I'd see the day. ~grin~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  2. I liked Howard the Duck, too. But I was rather young and haven't seen it since...

    Make sure to get a selfie with them. Then you must post it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have watched the movie since, though not often. It still makes me smile and laugh. Thanks for holding me accountable. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete
  3. Well, i say if you want to really make an impression, include Howard the Duck. I think what you are doing is sweet. This younger generation needs to realize that we paved the way. We are people who have likes and loves. We pioneered the things that they now live and love. They are us, not that long ago. And, we are them in the future. HUGS!
    I am working on submissions. And A-Z. What is your theme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the wise, kindly words and support. I was going to blog with music videos again. However, I've decided to pass on that challenge and focus on prose. I am signed up to challenge myself with "Camp NaNo" and write 50,000 words in April. ~grin~ I look forward to reading. And best wishes on submitting!

      Delete
  4. I think this is a wonderful idea. I hope they appreciate it, they sound like they would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh....I have not seen Howard the Duck. I am not sure you and I would have much to talk about. I am not a movie and music person...haha. Although, last night my daughter was texting me asking me did I used to like the group Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show. Her soon to be hubby mentioned them and she remembered me liking them. We then got to texting about a lot of groups and singers from the 70s...apparently Will likes the 70s music. I think I might like him better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we'd have any problem getting along, though. ~grin~ I hope Will earns your appreciation. Be well, my friend.

      Delete
    2. I don't think we would either. I figure we would be laughing at everything! Will be fine so long as he respects my daughter and gives my grandsons a fair deal!

      Delete
  6. Well I'm probably old enough to be their grandmother. Hahaha. I've never been able to be a fan of any team or band or anything. I mean I have likes and dislikes in music and books but it doesn't seem to transfer to the people who write the book or sing the song or play the guitar. And as for sports, can't get into rooting for one team or another when I don't know anyone on either team from Adam. I'm not tribal. So give them a fake polished apple. I saw that on a movie on netflix, although unfortunately the apple was given to a teacher, by a student, who later stalked the teacher and the teacher eventually used the apple to bonk the student on the head...well maybe you'll see that movie one day so I better shut up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a thought provoking post. Thank you! I'm with you on sports. Aside from the nineties when Cleveland had a great baseball team, many of the players true class acts from everything I've ever learned, I don't attend games. That was a rare, fun time. Your tribe is four footed, I think, and your efforts to aid them earns my undying respect.

      Delete
    2. I had too much coffee late.

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha... ~hugs~ Be well, my friend.

      Delete
  7. Ok, one subtle gift you could include with your list of Goldie Hawn movies, a small travel bottle of Shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Believe it or not, I've never seen the movie and had to look up the reference. Love your sense of humor.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!