Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A Prayer Request


Today I learned that an online friend and inspiration suffering excruciating pain is near the end of his rope. Despite my usual attempt at sharing only upbeat or funny messages here, I wanted to blog about him but debated how to approach the situation.

While I contemplated the words my computer crashed – hard – giving me the feeling a higher power sent me a little message to hold off and think more about the matter. So I rebooted this laptop, went to lift weights and, upon returning, found an email from a wise friend (Annie I love you!). I put forth my concerns and received prompt reply.

Thus, at her gentle suggestion, I am requesting prayer and warm thoughts without naming this kind soul. If you feel inclined to join in, I appreciate it and believe God will have no doubt who they’re for. I feel more at peace just for sharing.

How are you feeling today? I hope the answer is wonderful!

-

14 comments:

  1. Prayers in progress for your friend.

    I'm wonderful and am grateful for that.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm thankful for my health, as well, and the joy I find each day in writing.

      Delete
  2. You are such a sweet person to be putting out a prayer request to help your friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank my parents for my empathetic nature. Be well, my friend!

      Delete
  3. Darla, I love you. You are so genuine, caring, and so much more.

    Yes, God will know who the prayers are meant for, and He will lift that person up accordingly. And, He will bless you for caring.

    I am blessed to know you, call you friend, and have you on my journey. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear that my nature can be debased and evil, and I doubt my deserving of any such caring, so thank you for the positive input. Be well and blessed, my friend.

      Delete
  4. I will dd your friend to my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's tough when friends are suffering. I hope he finds the peace he needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I appreciate the well wishes.

      Delete
  6. Chronic pain is a terrible burden. I hope very much he finds relief some way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I know you've had your fair share of suffering. ~hugs~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  7. So sorry to hear the news of your friend facing the end. Sad at any point in someones life to know that they are close to that last good bye. I am sorry that you as a friend have to see this. You are in my thoughts. How am I today does not matter when your friend faces what he is facing. But thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. You always matter! And my friend has retreated from the brink of despair, I am happy to report.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!