Thursday, March 8, 2018

Darla’s Discoveries - Tips & Tricks for Around the House


Tip #4: Battery Retrieval

The other day a fellow writer on Facebook saw my post about an Alphasmart word processor saving my writing day. She made a cute remark asking about this magical device that promotes word creation. I thought she was just being funny but later learned she really wanted to know more about the machine.

Used by Students in Between the Age of Typewriters & Cheaper PC's
So I proceeded to relay all the information that came to mind. Unable to remember how many AA batteries are required, I totally forgot for a moment that the shell is semi-transparent and tried to take them out for a count.

All I needed do was hold it up to the lamplight. ~rolls eyes~ And my wasted effort unseated the battery so that the connection became unreliable. I couldn’t keep it turned on and had to wrestle the battery out.

At that point I recalled how a lot of electronics provide a ribbon of sorts in the battery compartment to help a person unseat that first tight fitted cell. So, I made my own from a bolt of ribbon bought for my DIY decorated wedding.

Should I Worry about the Plastic Melting?
Can you suggest other uses for all this remaining ribbon?

I'll Probably End Up Taking This to My Grave
Heh...
-

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not have so industrious or clever as you, my dear. Be well!

      Delete
  2. Good job. I don't think I would have thought of that.

    As for what to do with the ribbon... You could look at Pinterest for ideas. I could think of all sorts of ideas for that if I had it sitting around. You could wrap it around something in a lattice pattern, then use clothespins to attach pictures. That's the idea that immediately comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, clever. I knew you might have a fun suggestion. ~grin~ Be well! And thanks for appreciating my idea.

      Delete
  3. What color is that ribbon?...Looks a bit orangy to me...Peach? Orange? Anyway, gifts. Just use wrapping paper that has a touch of that color in it. Kitten toy you hold out for them to jump at. A piece to run under SO nose as they sleep! haha....like Liz said, check out Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's peach, though my photo does make that questionable. Thanks, my friend! I did use some of it for a recent baby shower gift. Be well!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is brilliant. Love this idea.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very clever of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That means a lot coming from one so clever. Be well, my generous friend!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!