Friday, March 30, 2018

Darla the Brave

I actually got up the nerve to get in line to meet Palaye Royale after tonight's amazing show. And I met two of the brothers! They were so sweet to this lady, old enough to be their mother, hugging me and hearing how their music means a lot.

Here's the Requested Image of Me, Liz of Laws of Gravity!
Hard to Believe I'm Sharing... Hope You're Happy ~grin~
Drummer Emerson (in the awesome pirate hat) said he loved my jacket, that it was beautiful, and I managed to tell him his style inspired me. Lead singer Remington asked my name and I answered without too much of a stutter. I also handed off a 'thank you' card expressing how their music helped me through my mother's death.

I Feel the Style Fits Them, Including 3 Flowers for 3 Brothers
Inside it Says ...Straight From My Heart
How I managed any of this is a mystery; my hands shook buying a shirt right after. I hope they'll be amused to also find a list of (I think) interesting and little known movies in the envelope.

As I've no doubt mentioned at some point, a proper gift as many young fans give seemed creepy at my age, and I once heard Remington admit not knowing Goldie Hawn, which seemed a travesty. An added bonus is that my half deaf SO, also a fan of their music, helped me compile the list.

Thank you to all who've tolerated my obsession and been so supportive. Next time I'll remember to get signatures, also not my thing on a normal day. Be well!

Can you believe I also wore a Sargent Pepper style bolero?



-

14 comments:

  1. Amazing...it's wonderful that you got to meet them! Thank you for sharing this moment with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet words! I'm floating on cloud nine over their kindness. I hope you're well!

      Delete
  2. Love that jacket. Cool that you got to meet and have pic made with them....I know that made your night. Now, time to come back to earth!!!! haha....kidding. Enjoy it all for as long as you can. Love the pic of you with them. AWESOME! Glad your niece is doing better and getting to go home tomorrow...that is really great news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... earth... Not happening right away. ~grin~ Their appreciation of fans comes across as so genuine. Thank you for all the kind words.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful. I know how much you've been looking forward to this. I'm glad you got to meet them in person. So fun and you look great. Most of all you look very happy.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Knowing they treat all their fans with the same warmth really made my night. I hope you are well today!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. Great photo. You should use this photo for your spark on Monday and write "dreams come true" on it. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I hated sharing my fat face and don't know if I want to put it out there yet again. It's already been retweeted twelve times. ~blush~ Be well, my dear!

      Delete
  5. I'm all smiles. So glad you got the picture and shared it. (And on Twitter, too :) I think pictures have replaced autographs. Nowadays we'd rather have the pictoral proof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to say, a lot of their fans are too shy to get into pictures with them. In fact, it was the guys' own gentle discouragement against fans erasing their faces when sharing on social media that decided me. Well, right after your kind dare. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete
  6. I can't believe you met them! That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so genuinely caring. I was tempted to blur out my fat face but, besides blogger Liz A. daring me to share, the guys' own kind discouragement of fans doing that on social media decided me. Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete
  7. You look adorable in that picture and so happy! So glad you got to meet them :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!