Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Epic Dreams and Chilling Nightmares


Yesterday morning I met a good friend, fellow writer Rochelle Bradley, at My Favorite Muffin. It was only the two of us this week, so of course we talked for two hours instead of writing. Regardless of that fact I enjoyed our time, and I proceeded to accomplish a lot alone at a different venue before returning home.

An interesting thing about her stories is how often they come in the form of a dream. She’ll flesh them out upon waking, of course, and add many details, but her sleeping mind creates amazing worlds and scenarios.

Sometimes I do that. Par for my course, I might turn one into a short story, such as the one in which I was a male zombie who learned he had far more humanity in him than the scientist conducting cruel experiments in the guise of saving her species. Maybe I’ll dig it up and share one of these days. It used to be on a now defunct fan fiction website despite not being related to the book series we honored there.

Last night was different. I don’t know why my brain needed to go to such weird places but I dreamed that someone deleted my Instagram and Twitter accounts. That happened in reverse, actually, after I found someone with a decided male Indian identity using my Gmail address for Instagram. ~shiver~ That was weird.

Worse than that was the final dream of the night (I did not want any more sleep afterward). I was tasked with cooking a rice based casserole. To me that was a sort of nightmare in itself as I’m trying to avoid huge carbohydrate bombs. ~grin~ However, when I opened the can of whole tomatoes I found a tiny kitten alive inside.

Even worse, I destroyed the helpless creature to get my tomatoes. I woke up feeling almost nauseous with a pounding heart. Ugh… What the heck?

I Need Some Palaye Royale Beauty to Cleanse my Spirit
Do you have memorable dreams?

-

13 comments:

  1. Yikes, that's a frightful nightmare. I'm happy to say that I rarely remember my dreams. I'm okay with that. Hubby dreams in technicolor and often thinks his dreams are true. That's too vivid for me.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes can't determine a dream from reality. It can be a bit much. Be well, my dear!

      Delete
  2. Remember my dreams, nope, I don't. I might remember a small section or not but usually I remember who was in it. I don't and can't ever remember having a nightmare, which I am glad for. Now I will say that when I was on my beta blocker for the heart, I had really strange dreams where they made no sense while dreaming them. I would wake remembering that whatever I dreamed about it was strange. Once I came off that, those stopped. I can't even tell you if I dream in color or not! Isn't that strange?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's interesting. I can deal with nightmares over all your health issues, my dear. ~hugs~ Hope you're having one of your better days!

      Delete
    2. You are so sweet....thanks. Answer to you on what type of day I was having happens to be in my blog today. Haha....I so your comment after I wrote the blog.....does that mean great minds?

      Delete
  3. I often remember my dreams. I always try to figure them out, then. Why and what does it mean to me, to the big picture. Dream sweet dreams, my friend. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of times I wake up thinking my dream would be a good horror movie, but then I go back to sleep and can't remember in the morning. I always have odd dreams when I have salsa, I read peppers have hallucinogenic properties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I eat lots of hot stuff. Interesting. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  5. That dream sounds awful. But if you take it from a purely symbolic view, what does it mean to you? I doubt you'd really sacrifice a kitten for a can of tomatoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the faith. I guess it's stress following my mother's death considering a friend's suggestion. You're right about me, for sure. Blessings, my dear.

      Delete
  6. I sometimes remember my dreams, especially if I've eaten certain foods or am going through menopausal stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!