Friday, March 16, 2018

A Day in the Life

This morning at 6am I woke with muscle cramps. That was not unexpected, and one or two naproxen sodium tablets usually handle the discomfort, so that was fine. Except I didn’t have a glass of water in the bedroom.

I went into the bathroom, shutting the door so as not to disturb SO, and along came our cat Jezebel wanting canned food. She has become adept at opening the sliding pocket door, the little jerk. So, giving up on the idea of peace, I palmed the pills and headed to the kitchen.

The first thing I found there, after putting down food for two pesky beasts, was that the Brita water pitcher filter needed changed. Okay. Fine. The cats’ water bowl needed changed out, so I decided to take care of it right away.

I pulled out a replacement, rinsed it as directed, and refilled the pitcher. Then, not once but twice, the little triangular widget that covers the pour spout fell off and landed in the kitchen sink. The second time I washed (and hopefully sanitized) it, I left the widget on the sink for SO to fix into place.

Meanwhile, the digital bit on the pitcher refused to reset. Three times I held down the switch, watched the green light flash three times, and still the thing flashed red when I poured water. ~sigh~ I put it in the refrigerator planning to ask SO to take care of that, as well.

Now I needed to refill the soap dispenser in the kitchen. Passing the kitchen island, where SO left a greasy piece of aluminum foil, I found a dead centipede stuck in a smear of oil. Grrr…

Then, on my way to the bathroom to get the soap I slipped in… Can you guess?

I found a hefty pile of vomit, dry kibble bits and a juicy hairball, piled right in the middle of the main path. At least a hairball made the mess legitimate and not a result of gluttony.

Now the clock reads 7:15, the nasty foil is thrown away, SO fixed the Brita pitcher, I cleaned up the puke, took my pills, started the dishwasher, and I’m  contemplating just going back to bed.

You just have to laugh. I mean, it could be a whole lot worse.

And SO got a chuckle. “You and electronics…”

How is your day going?

-

16 comments:

  1. Well I got up at 6:20 and I made a pot of coffee....and went to the bathroom! :)...Nothing compared to what you did! Not sure I could have laughed at slipping vomit but I do my best to laugh at things that most people would cuss at. It makes something bad easier to take. Have a great day and thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great day, too! Mine is certainly improved finding fun comments. ~grin~ Take care!

      Delete
  2. Oh, no! Not the best start to the day :-( But I like your attitude - it sure could be worse. Hope the rest of your day is shaping up to be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Thank you. I'm making strides on a revamped story and having fun tightening the language. Be well!

      Delete
  3. Mornings like this make me laugh most of the time. What are you going to do? Well you just deal with it as you did. I do like the idea of going back to bed though. Sometimes you just need a reset.

    Have a fabulous weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blessed to have the luxury. I ended up writing this post in bed. ~grin~ Hope you are having a great day!

      Delete
  4. Yeah, go back to bed and take another hour. I so would ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate the support. ~grin~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lot of early mornings around here! Not the Brita part, the cat vomit! I have a Brita pitcher, but didn't know they made something digital, I had to look it up. So the digital part tells you when to change the filter? I wonder if I'd trust it not to tell me sooner than needed, just to sell more!
    When I get up in the night one of the cats (Benny) expects me to lift him onto the washer (which is in the bathroom, and where the cat food it, to keep it from the dogs) to eat. It's "our little routine." Benny can open doors too, and have even turned the bathroom knob a few times, although I think he mostly fell on it the right way!
    I hope you went back to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! As for the electronic timer, I tend to trust it because the filters last a really long time despite hard use. ~nods~ Sounds like a cute routine. ~grin~ I'm happy to say I don't often get up in the night. I didn't sleep but wrote this blog post in bed. Heh... Be well!

      Delete
  6. Ack, I'm sorry! I had a morning like that not too long ago. Sage wasn't feeling well, so he left, shall we say presents all over the place? (wry grin) Happily he recovered. All of that at once is really unfair (shakes head) Some mornings really seem to be out to get us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my blessings more than balance it out. Heh... Thanks for the supporting words!

      Delete
  7. That does sound like a bad day. I have stepped in vomit many a morning. I hope your day got better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sympathy. I bet you've had your kitty issues! My day did get better, thank you, though I struggled later, as well. Heh...

      Delete
  8. Oh, HUGS. I get this. Totally. Centipedes do not stand a chance, though. Grizelda hunts them down, along with spiders. She is my hero.

    I hope your day got better. I need to chat with you about writing. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've slipped in hairballs many times, one time resulted in a bad knee injury. But sounds like you got a lot of little things done you just couldn't pass by or you might slip in it later. Ha ha. Happy St. P day!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!