Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Good News & a Gripe

First, I must make a confession. We did not visit our niece in the hospital yesterday. I felt emotionally wrung out to the point I actually went back to bed for a while yesterday morning. I’m her aunt by marriage. Can you imagine if I were her mother?

Today, though, we shall go see her. And I understand she is doing better, so that will hopefully drain some of my anxiety.

That brings me to more good news and my complaint. Tomorrow night I plan to see Palaye Royale perform but my hopes to meet them have been mostly dashed.

You see, out of what I can only assume to be ego, the opening act has limited the amount of time Remington, Sebastian, and Emerson can spend meeting fans. Given a mere fifteen minutes, that means perhaps ten fans, tops, will get to greet them since they are so generous with their time.

On the bright side, that probably means I’ll be getting home way earlier than expected. After all, I now have zero intention of staying to watch Pop Evil. In fact, I’d like to stage a formal sort of walk-out with PR fans arm in arm.

Doubt I’ll do that, however. But on another positive note, this way I’ll focus on the music instead of nerves over meeting the guys. And maybe I can see them at one of their other summer venues, including the final Vans Warped Tour.

L to R: Sebastian, Remington, and Emerson
Some of the Nicest People in Showbiz
Do you think it’s a good sign for Palaye Royale’s future if Pop Evil feels threatened?

-

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your niece is improving. Things like this are so emotionally draining. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We watched her in a muscle relaxant induced sleep for a while this afternoon. ~grin~ They hope to take her home Saturday!

      Delete
  2. I'm happy your niece is getting better. Excellent news.

    I hope you have a blast tomorrow night.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your niece. I hope she's on the mend.

    You know, you're kind of turning into a stalker with these guys. It might be better if you don't meet them. Leave them to the imagination... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha... I think it would go well, actually. And they make it easy to stalk them. They are starting up a tour vlog, of sorts, on YouTube.

      Delete
  4. I am glad your niece is improving. I hope you get to meet the band, you need to think positive thoughts and picture meeting them in your head. I hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! You are so kind. It will be wonderful either way, I've decided.

      Delete
  5. Oh my....I bet you will have a blast! And I am so happy that your niece is doing better. Things like sitting at the hospital wears me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I know what you mean, yet you do that for neighbors. You're amazing! I hope the wedding and trip aren't too much for you.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry. I know you were so much looking forward to meeting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. You're very kind. I will have other opportunities, actually, if I can afford some of their other summer tours. These guys are very hardworking. ~grin~ I hope you are well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!