Friday, March 16, 2018

The Day that Keeps on Giving

I’m trying to keep a stiff upper lip, as those kindred spirits in Devon are wont to do. And it’s not that hard considering all my blessings. But today has not been a favorite.

After I blogged in bed (yes, one of those blessings) I learned that plans changed. Our contractor was coming by the house, delaying our visit to a local garden center. That was okay. I had a backup plan.

Besides giving me more time to write, the delay until afternoon formulated another idea. I’ve been craving chicken wings and maybe some guilty slices of Buffalo chicken pizza from an area restaurant.

I suggested leaving at two o’clock for vegetable seed shopping, then swinging by that local sports bar for an early start to dinner. The plan seemed ideal. We like eating out when most folks are back to or still at the day job.

Well, I hadn’t realized that college basketball playoffs started already. I should have known better, having published an inspirational newsletter tying the sport season to lawn care telemarketing.

Don’t ask.

But that was years ago (some of my favorite in the working world, I might add; non sports fan or not I got to do some creative stuff). That said, we walked into a standing room only place and immediately left.

Later, I consumed a satisfying bowl of my home cooked Irish fish stew. But darn, I craved that combination Thai plus Donkey kicking hot sauce with their perfect breading. Oh, well. We weren’t about to wait an hour for food, anyway.

Then, watching YouTube broadcasts after dinner, my ears began to itch. It’s not unusual. Finding flakes of wax sticking out of them was. You see, after getting my plugged ear flushed I’ve been determined not to stick anything smaller in my ear than my elbow (thank you, dear folks, for reiterating that caution).

Careful wedging out two chunks from each slender ear canal opening using my tiny pinky fingernails, I then flushed them with a mild peroxide and warmed sterile water solution. Not surprisingly, nothing came out at that point.

Any suggestions for chronic over-productive ear wax production? I bet you don’t get that question everyday. ~wink~ Be well, all!

-

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you plan things just to have them fall apart for one reason or another. I think we've all been there. I like how you rolled with the punches.

    Earwax? I have no help there. I can't imagine having that problem.

    Have a fabulous weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  2. It sucks when you forget there's a big sporting event going on. I do this frequently.

    My father used to have ear issues. I seem to recall issues from when I was a kid. Alas, this kid didn't pay attention to what he did for them.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!