Saturday, May 13, 2017

My Cat is a Jerk



Jezebel is an older cat who has one game she likes to play – falling on her side at my feet so I lavish her with attention. Stroking her flank, rubbing her head so her ear folds back, patting her backside to make her flip, even pushing her across the carpet are all good fun.

She has the unfortunate habit of demanding this when I first come home from the gym or something. Yesterday, I had just mowed the grass. Feeling exhausted, I didn’t bend down but sat at her side to play.

When I would stop on a normal day, I found myself too tired to stand up. Fool that I am, I continued to touch her. And with zero warning, she decided enough was enough.

Claws came out, fangs baring in a hiss, and a minute later blood bubbled out of two cuts on the back of my wrist. Another claw scratched me in the same alignment, all three wounds swelling due to lingering allergic reactions to such intense contact.

I had to stop myself from digging in with my own nails when the healing itch set in this morning. Oh, well. I consider these rare incidents as a sort of inoculation, like my allergy shots from childhood.

At Least I Know My Blood's Clotting Factor is Healthy

What about you? Has a pet ever given you a justifiable bit of damage?

-

10 comments:

  1. OUCH! My brother has a cat with a catatude!! She is like that, when she wants love she will ask for it and then when she had enough, no warning, the claws come out. Dakota, he has come close to biting me but never made contact. He has his attitude days but usually those depend on if I am making him get up when he don't want too. HAHA....Such a brat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our fur babies can be brats, for sure. It's hard to imagine Dakota ever showing teeth toward you. But considering the usual reason it makes more sense. ~grin~ He looks like an Olympic grade lounger.

      Delete
  2. Darla, on my B post this week, Bill's comment was...
    Bill said, "I am not familiar with Cash doing "Closer". I do however, appreciate his version of "Hurt", by Nine Inch Nails.
    Annie said, "Darla, I covered "Hurt", by Cash, in my A-Z. I love that version!"
    Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I have many scars on my arms from my cats and one over my eye from when Jinx was younger and got spooked when someone came over and climbed on my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scars? Ouch! My shirts and furniture bear the only permanent marks. Bless you!

      Delete
  4. Ouch. How's that "justified"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Liz, I figure it's no worse than how you have to negotiate with students. ~grin~ And I knew this 'teacher' only tolerated so much nonsense. My sleepy head just didn't obey.

      Delete
  5. Um, I get daily scratches, nicks, not bites though. I never really pay attention to where they come from or who. Some are from the cats I handle daily and others just from all the other work I do. Right now the inside of my middle finger is trying to heal, from a very deep blister abrasion, when doing yardwork. I need that middle finger functional! Most important finger! If you get my drift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blister sounds painful! I hope it heals fast and well. I'm with you on never being bitten by a cat. I guess that's good! Be well.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!