Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Embracing My True Identity



For decades I blamed my significant others for the television shows I watched. Then my current partner sent me an article that listed the greatest science fiction shows and another about movies.

Wow. What a revelation! As a side note, I think one of my brothers and I must have been adopted. ~grin~ But some things do skip a generation.

Reading the names, seeing the images, I began realizing that I sat and watched many of them all by myself. Now I’ve even found my tribe on Facebook, a group called The Geek Asylum. I’m on there every day either commenting or posting, laughing sometimes until tears stream down my face.

Good times. For example, someone in the group shared the following.


How about you? Is there anything you’ve learned to stop denying and start loving about yourself?

-

15 comments:

  1. I don't know that I stopped denying anything about myself but it took me many, many years to really look within myself and learn to love who I am! That took place about 7 yrs ago....I like who I am. Gotta check out your Greek Asylum on fb. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got the that point, my dear! I consider you a true treasure. Be well!

      Delete
  2. I've been sitting here thinking what I might have denied about myself and I honestly can't think of a thing. Either that or I'm still denying it! Cute Vid!

    My FF story, Ma Fantaisie Francais!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I realized a few years ago that I am a dork. And, I can say it with pride. I am much happier with the honest revelation. I cannot blame my dorkiness on sci-fi or anything in particular...or, maybe therein lies my denial. But, I think I am just a natural dork. Hugs.
    P.S. I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! I like "...maybe therein lies my denial". You are a gem. Dorks and geeks unite! I think we should take over the world.

      Delete
    2. I'm in! *wink*

      Delete
  4. I embraced my geek a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, being a crazy cat lady :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, my dear. You are an amazing caretaker. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete
  6. Oh dear - I'm bossy and have to be in control - very stressful :) I'll work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes, my dear! Nobody needs such stress in their life.

      Delete
  7. I've embraced any and all labels concerning being a cat woman. Why not? I am one! I'm also a geek however, and a lover of hikes, beautiful trees, bees, and books, to name a few interests. And now I want a tauntaun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, my dear! I grew jealous seeing that little kid, honestly. As for you I must add that photographer, mechanic, and appliance repair person are some of your great skills!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!