Friday, May 5, 2017

Another Mystery Gadget



Here’s something I bet not everyone has in their kitchen. It’s a single use tool that can really come in handy.

No, It's Not a Dental Pick

 
Can you guess its purpose? Here’s a clue: the color is significant.

Have you come up with an answer? Let me know in your comment.




...

...

Now, for the reveal.

...

...
 
...

...

...

It’s a citrus peeler!


Get It?

Tough to see, the teardrop shaped 'tooth' slicing through the skin is my favorite part. The odd thing opposite is to shave off pith, I believe, and the curved handle can help get between stubborn peel and edible bits.

Granted, I didn’t really need to use the peeler for this little piece of easy peel fruit. I don’t have any oranges on hand, though. And for a reason. Our grocery store stocks oversized produce and I don’t want to have to eat a piece of fruit in two or three sittings!

Do you like fruit? What’s your favorite?

-

10 comments:

  1. I knew what it was. I was given one (she had to explain what the thing was for), but I gave it to someone else as I never eat oranges. And it's a uni-tasker. (If you've ever seen Alton Brown's Good Eats, you'll understand my aversion to uni-taskers.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love that science/food show! I almost mentioned him because of the single use. ~grin~ Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I have one and yes they are great. Mine is an older Tupperware one. I don't use it much cause I just usually cut my orange in to and eat the insides right out of the peel. I am an orange person, cuties are okay but I really like the orange better. Banana's are tasty also. But my fav....WATERMELON! I can cut one and sit and eat the whole thing in a day! Not on my list of things to eat right now and I think this is something I will have to fight this yr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like watermelon but can't imagine eating an entire one in a day! I'm so sad you're not supposed to eat the fruit. It's seems odd being that it's mostly water and you're expected to drink so much. ~hugs~ I'd talk to my doctor if I were you.

      Delete
  3. That is a great idea. I love oranges, but hate the smell under my nails after peeling them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this post proves useful! Thanks for commenting, my dear.

      Delete
  4. I have two of these! My favourite fruits are berries, pitted fruits, and melons. Bill eats citrus like there is no tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fascinated that this tool is so well known. Cool! Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  5. I don't eat many oranges and had never seen such a device to help peel an orange. I like berries, strawberries being my favorite, blackberries second fav and blueberries 3rd. Strawberries will soon be coming out in the valley. Early June is usual here when they are sold at farm stores, but I'm not sure if they'll be late from all the rain and lack of sun. My yard strawberries have bloomed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you're making me hungry for berries. For that matter, I have some cherries in the freezer. I'm going to pull them out to thaw. Thanks!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!