Thursday, May 4, 2017

Makin’ It Happen



I guess this April and last prove that music is important to me. While many forms interest me, I’m particularly fond of heavy metal. Avenged Sevenfold has been one of my favorites for well over a decade.

And they are performing in my region this summer, at a favorite venue no less. Unfortunately, my partner is deaf in one ear and won’t even consider going.

There really is no one else I know who would care to go, or that I would care to ask. So I resigned myself to missing out despite attending numerous concerts on my own in past years. Sometimes it was a less than stellar experience being a lone female among drunk or high strangers.

But darn if watching A7X videos didn’t fire me up about seeing them live again. It’s been too long. So I came up with the idea of staying at a hotel near the coliseum, perhaps even taking a taxi to and from the show.

That way I’m not making a late night commute, eliminating the risk of hitting a deer or something, and can imbibe if I want to without worrying. So I mentioned this to my partner.

The response? “You’re a grown woman.”

I rightfully took this to mean a kind blessing that I do what I will.

So now I have my ticket. I just need to decide where to stay but have plenty of time to decide.

What about you? Anything you’re excited about doing this summer?

WARNING: Video has imagery that may be disturbing to some viewers. No bad language, though.


-

13 comments:

  1. I never did the heavy metal rock stuff much. I am an oldies person. I think the best music around was what came out of the 70's. There is a station here in Nashville called the Hippie Station. Love it but they do 50s, 60s and 70s but there was a station that came out a yr ago, it plays mostly the 70s...and I love it. Unless my grandson gets in the car, it stays on that one channel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with sticking with your favorites, my dear. I actually got into talk radio in the nineties. Then I woke up and found what I was missing. I'll listen to older music for sure but need new stuff to quicken my blood. ~grin~ Happy easy listening!

      Delete
  2. The highlight of my summer will be attending the Southern Cathedrals Festival at Winchester Cathedral. I'm passionate about choral music and I'll enjoy 4 days of concerts by several of the country's finest cathedral choirs. I'll be sleeping in my little tent amongst the trees with just deer, rabbits and foxes for company. I can't wait!


    Click to visit Keith's Ramblings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds divine! Wish I could camp out next to you. I promise not to blast music. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete
  3. The only thing I know about Avenged Sevenfold is where the mother of one of the members lives. Next door to my dad.

    I hope you enjoy the concert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's right. I remember you said that. How cool. Be well!

      Delete
  4. Well, I am wanting to see George Thorogood. I think I missed out on tickets, though. So what if you are a grown woman? Go for it. Get a start on your second childhood! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. That was the intent, to do as I pleased. I don't give my partner enough credit, really.

      Delete
    2. I cannot imagine you with someone not supportive. Go for it!

      Delete
  5. I am glad you are going, but it is too bad your partner won't go just for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. I feel the same, but it is what is as some of my favorite old rock stars like to say. At least I'm getting financial and ultimate emotional support.

      Delete
  6. Good partner you have! Have a blast!!! As usual, I have no summer plans except I hope to take my raft, hopefully it will still hold air, out on the reservoir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your raft is in good shape, my dear. Rafting seems one of your greatest pleasures. I enjoy your resulting photos, too!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!