Saturday, May 6, 2017

Garbage Day



We aren’t exactly the neatest people in my house. You definitely cannot eat off the kitchen floor. I am adamant that we get the cat litter changed out on garbage day.

That has not been an issue since I took over the task. And it’s made easier by the fact our garbage crew tends to come late in the day.

This week I was taking care of morning ablutions when I heard a sanitation truck outside. Shouldn’t be a big deal, I thought, it’s probably the crew picking up the recyclables. Hearing the scamper of slippered feet, I rolled my eyes.

Sure enough, here comes my partner to tell me excitedly that they are picking up the trash. Possibly. Or maybe recyclables.

As it turned out, the garbage collection crew came early. But you know what? At least the kitty doo doo is out of the house.

When my live-in procrastinator and I took turns taking out the litter and garbage on a weekly basis it often got postponed by a day or even two. Sometimes I would just give in and take care of the task.

So if I hear one word of complaint about stinky bags in the garage I’m going to bring that up. Is that petty of me?

Do you get criticized for something the accuser has done on a regular basis? Are you like me and guilty of such occasional finger pointing?

~cringe~

I say we all need to stop sweating the small stuff, anyway.

-

10 comments:

  1. I agree we should not sweat the small stuff. Our recycling comes early so we put it out the night before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I should have done. ~rolls eyes~ I guess I procrastinated this time if I'm honest.

      Be well!

      Delete
  2. The garbage day race! I know it well, and yes, procrastination isn't possible with the garbage guys, not here, where they come bright and early and usually with a smile or wave, if I'm scrambling out last minute. I like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad they are friendly. You deserve more of that. ~hugs~ Be well!

      Delete
  3. Yeah, if he says anything, let him have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those petty arguments (no pun intended). Our bin crew always come later on too - works for me because I always forget to put it out the night before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should get back in the habit of putting out the litter the night before. Guess I'm a procrastinator now! ~grin~ Thanks for the visit, Nick. Be well!

      Delete
  5. There are times that I am glad I live alone!! haha.....Never had an issue with the garbage till I had to start cooking on a regular basis when my grandson lived here, now since I recycle and try to not cook (haha) I have no issues! But a smelly trash can in a house is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must praise my partner for not letting a smell build. Rotting food debris is definitely the worst stink. Lately nobody wants to take the time to cook around here. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!