Monday, May 15, 2017

A Wench By Any Other Name is Still a Wench

For those who do not know me, let me introduce myself. I am a Wench, identifying as such since unmasked by my partner many, many moons ago. I have never shared with the outside world.

That is about to change. Let me start with a definition (never really outlined before now ~grin~ so all mistakes are mine and I hope fellow Wenches will forgive me).

Wench
/wen(t)SH/
noun

(English, pl. wenches)
"You Wench, I was going to eat that!"
a human being, generally of the female persuasion, with self deprecating, sarcastic humor and scathing wit toward those closest; a being of highly salacious, mostly harmless, generally self serving intent; prone to mild to moderate selfishness and narcissism, thereby self proclaimed unfit for motherhood; intensely artistic with a bent toward perfectionism and about as domestic as most house cats; apt to buck convention at every little unassuming opportunity; of any age from puberty to advancing years, the young being prone to insecurity and a need to please others while middle-age brings more self enlightenment, acceptance, and bravado.

There. That about sums me up.

Now I just need the USA to proclaim the day after Mother’s Day as National Wench Day. I planned my celebration while ruminating on Sunday.

For starters I will meet local writers over breakfast until time to get a much needed hair makeover. If we spend more time talking than writing (or not!) I will head next to a favorite shopping center for more writing. The place boasts a lovely “town square” fountain, benches, and plenty of accommodating establishments should the weather be inclement.

How would you describe your core self? If you are a Wench would you care to lobby for the holiday with me?

-

9 comments:

  1. Me - Not a Wench. My core self? Independent Crafty Artist? I don't know. I have never really thought about it. I do know that my core self is a strong person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it, my dear. You are an inspiration. Be well!

      Delete
  2. I am all for Wench day :) Can we throw in a pedicure that day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, my dear, applied by the most perfect willing creature of choice. ~nods~ I like the way you think.

      Delete
  3. I am not sure it matters when this declared day should be. Just pick any day, for me it could be my birthday. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! What day? Any works for me. I adore you, my dear.

      Delete
    2. May 26th. It's happening, Sweetheart. *wink*

      Delete
  4. I like your definition of wench better than the dictionary one. As for my core self... That requires more thought, and the brain is off for the evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making my day, Liz. Enjoy your evening!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!