Saturday, December 2, 2023

The Dumb, the Fun, and the Cute

Somehow I managed to post the title “Two Clarifications” after believing it deleted. Back-dated to November 1st it got buried in my timeline. ~sigh~ Twice addressing the same issue about my interaction with the lifeguard is embarrassing but I don’t really consider myself dumb, just technologically challenged. My subject tag stating the contrary is all in good fun.

In other news, my husband discovered wall plugs, a power strip, and even light bulbs that are controllable via smart phone. Now when I’ve been outside or away from home I can tell if his oxygen concentrator is on. If it’s on I know he’s napping and enter quiet as possible.

Electrical outlet controls are obviously limited to on/off but the bulbs are fun. They allow us to change intensity as well as color (!) which means we can set mood lighting for a creepy movie. Anyone who knows me in the slightest can probably guess that I sometimes enjoy messing with him from afar. Don’t judge; he does the same to me on occasion.

A Blurry Dandelion glows in the black light setting...

More cuteness comes in the form of Terra spending time near my desk on the newly purchased cat tree. She’s a bit tough to photograph being in near constant motion.

She is one of my best friends...

Precious Polly is more of a lounger. Seeing her toes dangle off a different piece of cat furniture inspired me to take photos.

She does not let me trim her claws but I do make sure her
ill-formed ‘Polly Wogs’ look healthy...

Isn’t it fortunate that Polly only uses her murder mittens for good? And had you seen a glow-in-the dark kitty before?

-

17 comments:

  1. The kitties sure are cuties! We had some smart plugs once but now we're back to the dumb ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. :) It's interesting that you switched back.

      Delete
  2. Cool shot of Dani. And Terra is a beauty. I have a hard time getting good shots of my black cat and my darker tortie. I would mess with my hubby too if we had lighting like that. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for these kind words and the giggle. Hugs, my dear.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Darla,
    LOVE Terra's pensive look!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polly's claw looks like it could if she wanted, do damage. Nice that she's chosen to use her weapons only for good. I had to get some lightbulbs for the dining room (ha, like I ever dined in it) fixture, that takes five bulbs! I went to Costco shopping with my neighbor and they only one kind so I grabbed the box of six. When I came home, I discovered, you could set the intensity of them. I do love that feature! But if they could color change at the push of a button or phone app----wow! I love Dandelions blue look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing what you can control via phone nowadays. The picture under the dark light reminded me of those flowers that show patterns when they're photographed under UV light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Technology is mind blowing. The things you can do with just your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black light Dandelion photo is awesome. Dad says Blacklight Dandelion would be a cool name for a Grunge band. You know, Darla, when we first saw this post's title, I thought it might be about dad, mom and me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comment and huge giggle. Your family is awesome.

      Delete
  8. Whoa, Dandelion! You're beautiful like that. Yes, you too Terra and Polly Not leaving you out. Thank you so much for visiting us last week and leaving kinds words over the loss of our Olivia. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!