Monday, December 25, 2023

Concessions

Well, I’ve conceded to technical blogging issues and started signing off as “- Darla”. Fighting the comment failure rate has proven a ridiculous time waster. I’ve even begun this practice on my own blog.

At least most bloggers know I often use tildes. So far, bots and/or scammers do not.

~fingers crossed I didn’t give out ideas~

Then I wondered about the definition of concession stands. Here is the derivation: from the tiniest community sites to giant stadiums, owners grant vendors permission rights. In other words, these larger institutions concede.

Isn’t modern technology both a boon and burden? Have you ever or would you like to start up a small business?



-

8 comments:

  1. WordPress comments have gone off the rails. I hope this works for you.

    • ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
    •。★ Christmas ★。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And your holiday images always make me smile. Blessings, my dear.

      - Darla

      Delete
  2. It's a mess. From what I understand the pop up comments work fine. But you can't "reply" to specific comments. So, which is better? I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid technology. lol Be well!

      - Darla

      Delete
  3. Yes, that tech stuff can be messy. I owned my own business for quite a long time (a travel agency). All the paperwork, government red tape and tax filings finally did me in. Merry Christmas from all of us at Brian's Home Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To quote the great scie-fi show Firefly, "Government's just meant to get in a man's way." ~sigh~ Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all, my dear.

      Delete
  4. A little of both. And yes, I would love to have a small business, but have yet to figure out something that could be profitable. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. My husband thinks that some of my silly little handmade critters would sell but then I'd stress over something that used to be fun. lol Hugs, my dear.

      - Darla

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!