Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Missed & Matched

Today my husband treated me to lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant. After the delicious meal we received complimentary fortune cookies with our (very reasonable) bill.

His is the top slip and I couldn’t resist sharing because he is less athletic than I am; which is not saying much. Not that I believe in these little notes but it would fit if he betted on sporting events and won.


Mine, as you can guess, fits. Current events bring me down and nothing lifts my spirit more than art (and animals). On that note, my guy shared this story of a woman finding an opossum in her Christmas tree. The attached video is unrelated, by the way. Meanwhile, I found the following on Youtube.
What would you have done in her situation? Do you know the difference between possums and opossums?

-

12 comments:

  1. Yes, your fortune from the cookie is perfect. We'd be shocked if we found any kind of critter besides a cat in our Christmas Tree since it's a fake one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fits you perfectly. I love Chinese food and I always read our fortune cookies.

    Have a fabulous day. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know there was a difference between possums and opossums. I just figured some people said it wrong. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, your images did not come out for me. (It's a me thing. My computer is being a pill right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me and dad love your fortune cookie note, Darla. Everyone could use a nice dose of art all the time (and you'r right- especially now with all the crap going on). Mom and dad are always arguing about the correct pronunciation of that furry critter. I'll have to make sure they both see this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Darla,
    Art and animals... Depends on what art of course and animals I'm all in: https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2011/11/possum-encounter.html
    'Possums are actually cute and won't attack humans.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!