Monday, December 11, 2023

Rice Pudding Revamped

I don’t even remember what recipe caused me to purchase instant rice. Its texture and taste make a terrible side dish compared to any other variety. We did choose a generic brand but I don’t think Minute Rice would be much better. At least the company’s website offered the simple pudding recipe my mother made on occasion.

This presentation is far prettier than mine...
As my title indicates, I changed things up. Instead of using processed sugar I doubled the raisins. And I replaced half the recommended amount of vanilla with orange blossom water. It’s excellent! In future I might not reduce the vanilla and maybe add an equal amount of the blossom water.

Is rice pudding something you’ve eaten and enjoy? Are you familiar with the fabulous Indian dessert kheer?

-

17 comments:

  1. Not a fan of rice pudding. You had a nice twist on the recipe. I might like yours

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Darla,
    Yes, my entire family including husband Pieter's side LOVE rice pudding. Too bad that I am no longer allowed to have dairy products... Your addition of orange blossom water sounds yummy.
    I made mine with apricots and whipped cream...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever tried rice pudding. For rice, I buy the frozen that I can just put in the microwave for when I want rice. It's easy. (I used to have a rice cooker, but that's packed away someplace.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is easy. :D Our usual method is simple but takes a while yet worth the wait.

      Delete
  4. I love rice pudding and I haven't had it for years. I've eaten a lot of Indian deserts but I don't remember the name kheer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to enjoy rice pudding again sometime. Be well!

      Delete
  5. I have never had it, but it sounds good. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should try it sometime. Hugs, my dear.

      Delete
  6. I haven't had rice pudding in years but I always liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, my dad says he remembers being forced to eat rice pudding when he was a kid and it making him gag. I think I hear him throwing up now watching me type this...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to try rice pudding. I'm not a big rice fan, unless refried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like it in Asian cuisine. :) If you try this I hope you enjoy.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!