Tuesday, December 26, 2023

More Food Fun

The last thing we need around here are desserts. Yet since the apple strudel is gone (ahem…) I couldn’t resist baking one of the boxed cakes my husband bought. ~shakes head~ Again, I enjoyed experimenting.

Do you see what looks like an angry doggie face?

This time I decided to make an orange flavored cream cheese frosting. Instead of following a direct recipe I used less than half the recommended sugar while doubling the fresh squeezed mandarin orange juice and zest. About a tablespoon of orange blossom water kept the thin concoction, more a glaze than frosting, still a bit sweeter than I like. But I had an idea.

Woof woof!

Since discovering how well a bit of peppery heat works in sweets, I added the last few tablespoonfuls of my peach Carolina reaper wing sauce. That sweet and spicy fruitiness really made the chocolate fudge confection shine.

Would you try a sweet baked good with a little zesty kick? Do you know that Bundt pans have a registered trademark?

-

13 comments:

  1. I don't know, that Reaper sauce sure has a kick LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so very good. I did have some pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream. I didn't overdo though. At my age looking at food can cause weight gain.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... I understand. Best wishes and hugs, my dear.

      Delete
  3. Since I don't do spice, I would avoid sweet treats with a kick. But I know so many people who love that sort of thing. (I have the blandest taste buds imaginable. What some consider mild I consider way too hot.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. My friend in Las Vegas eats nothing but well cooked burgers as her main meal. lol Best wishes!

      Delete
  4. Dearest Darla,
    Had to stare for the angry dog face but you circled it well!
    Looks and sounds very yummy again, for all those that are allowed to eat sweets...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see the face until you showed us. The frosting sounds good. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ~giggle~

      Thank you my dear,
      Darla

      Delete
  6. A home without desserts? WHAT? Are you nuts? lol...since that bout of COVID, twice, things just don't taste good....except sweets. Gotta get out of that mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry about your taste buds. ~hugs~ Sometimes I have issues because of my poor sense of smell betraying me. lol Best wishes!

      - Darla Sands

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!