Saturday, January 20, 2024

The Good, the Bad, and the Sweet

This morning our cat Dandelion delighted me by coming out of her comfort zone, joining me in an another room. It was so sweet seeing her enjoy a good scalp massage despite the mess her fur left on my clothing. While unrelated, a bag of store-bought cherries also made me happy.

I like how these cherries look like Valentine hearts...
I will ignore any remarks about the crevices ~grin~

Unfortunately I also noticed Dandelion’s terribly dirty inner ears and used an ear cleaning solution which she did not like one bit. While she didn’t run from me or struggle much, I should have left well enough alone after swabbing one ear instead of going for a second cotton ball. She bolted under the couch we’d shared earlier and hasn’t come out since.

At least treating her ears removed a fair amount of gunk; I can only hope she’ll forgive and forget. It’s always me that notices and treats these types of things. ~sigh~ As soon as my husband sits down to watch television he’ll no doubt have Dandelion on his lap in minutes.

As for my clothes, I used leftover sticky fly paper to clean my sweater. It worked quite well.

Finding the stuff reminded me how Terra somehow got a piece stuck to her underbelly as a kitten. I didn’t panic and she calmly let me cut her free. Ah, memories.

Isn’t it funny how playing the mean role translates to raising both pets and young kids? Wouldn’t it be nice if either comprehended loving good intentions?

If you want to see how gross my hairy black sweater looked after petting Dani, keep scrolling down…

...

...

...

...

...

...


-

9 comments:

  1. Dearest Darla,
    That indeed was a lot of white Dandelion hair on your sweater...
    But she let you work on her and one inner ear is clean. Our Angel Barty boy used to have dirty ears and needed special care—which he did hate!
    Our kitties are not shedding a lot, guess Angel Speckie girl was the worst as she had slightly longer hair. She never let me brush or comb through, she talked back and went out of reach. The others love their brushing and hardly need any...
    Oh, cherries. Love to eat them in winter time. Due to my back aching around the stent–graft area I stayed in the car on December 21 when I stopped at Costco. Pieter forgot to even check on any...
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you, my dear. May you heal and be blessed in all ways possible.

      - Darla Sands

      Delete
  2. WOW, that is some furry sweater, that's an even trade for the ear abuse LOL! Those sure are Valentine cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the same here- I am bad cop with meds and hubby gets them on his lap. :) Nice cherries. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs and best wishes, my dear.

      - Darla Sands

      Delete
  4. If she understood that what you did probably improved her hearing, then she'd appreciate what you did. But, cats. They don't understand that cause and effect, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input. :)

      - Darla Sands

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!