Thursday, January 18, 2024

My Favorite Fast Food Revisited – & – My Fascination with Water Taken to a Silly Level

Let me start by stating that Taco Bell serves my most craved fast food. As a kid I liked their named Mexican pizza, however inauthentic its name. These days I stick with the beef burrito supreme because the so-called pizza always seemed just a soggy mess. I guess that didn’t bother my childhood self.

Today, following my husband’s request for Taco Bell’s new steak grilled cheese burrito I decided to bring home a burrito supreme for later and a Mexican pizza. I thought our air fryer might crisp up the item.

And did it ever (!); three minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit turned my late lunch into what might well be a new favorite junk food treat. Sad to say, his pick proved a disappointment. He did enjoy the chicken grilled cheese burrito the last time and plans to order it again in future.

Now I’ll show you my goofy desktop water feature. Since all my tropical fish died I’ve been loath to get more. I hope to eventually start keeping aquatic plants in my smaller aquarium. Meanwhile, this old chipped plastic storage bowl entertains me while typing.


Did you know Taco Bell was named after its founder, entrepreneur Glen Bell? And can you imagine why I and so many others are mesmerized with the random nature of both running water and flames?

As a bonus, here is a clip of my serial chewer, Polly. She only seems to do this for attention. Like our cats are so neglected. ~rolls eyes~ I definitely use electrical cord protectors on her favorite targets.

-

15 comments:

  1. Dearest Darla and cute Polly,
    Fish are cute too but a lot of work for getting their environment right.
    Polly sure knows how to demand attention.
    Your food choices sound good and even better if you are allowed to eat those items.
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would Polly like some cat grass? I just go cut it from some overgrown spot in the yard, then wash it and present it to the cats, who think I've brought them gold. They love it so much. What a great Taco Bell hack. I bet a lot of their items would be better crisped up in the air fryer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion and kind words. I hoped chew sticks infused with silvervine would derail this tendency but it's obvious she has another agenda. lol Your idea is worth a try, though. :) Best wishes!

      Delete
  3. Taco Bell isn't that much fun since I can't have dairy, no cheese for me. Sorry about the fishes. Polly, you need to find a new hobby girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you can't have dairy, thanks regarding my losses, and I agree about Polly. lol

      Delete
  4. I was shocked when I saw that tidbit on The Food That Built America about Glen Bell. I generally prefer Del Taco to Taco Bell. Taco Bell has so many weird combos of things with stuff I don't like. Although, I haven't been in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have Del Taco here, which would be interesting to try. It might be nostalgia for me but our local joint offers very fresh tasting tomatoes, crispy lettuce, and overall well blended flavors. Be well!

      Delete
  5. Oh goodness, I hate to spoil the party. Dad says he ate at Taco Bell once, years ago, and says he'll never do it again. Besides, it's a non-starter as far as my mom's concerned. Polly has her thing, and mine is licking plastic- trash bags, shopping bags- anything I can get close enough to before Mr. or Mrs. Grinch catch me and give me a verbal whapping. Stay warm, dear Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You *are* the life of the party, my dear. :) Happy to announce, our fast food comes in paper bags so you wouldn't be in danger even if your smart parents avoid the temptation. They are awesome people and I hope you stay warm, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found a way to improve the pizza. I did not know how Taco Bell was named. That is a cool fountain. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. ~hugs~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  8. I have a chewer, Lily, she likes to chew on plastic. I have to keep plastic like bags, straws and etc away from her. But both cats love the glue on tape. Have you ever introduced you cats to box sealing tape? It was nuts while I was putting boxes together to pack. NUTS....I loved having an aquarium, hated the cleaning part of it. But turning the light on the aquarium and all the lights off in the room and just watching the fish swim around was so calming. And I love looking into and watching a fire. Glad to know that is a thing and it don't make me a budding firebug! lol. Taco Bell...love the Burrito Supreme. But the chicken quesadillas are really good....and for me to say that is amazing, I don't like chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must have made packing a true nightmare. ~nods~ I got to the point with my fish tanks that both got cleaned within an hour, which wasn't so bad. I miss them. Now I'll have to try a chicken quesadilla. :) Be well!

      - Darla

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!