Friday, January 12, 2024

A Movie Review – & – Mixed Signals

Having heard stellar reviews regarding “Godzilla Minus One”, this childhood fan planned attending solo; my husband hates reading subtitles. Our friend Scars, not really a movie fan, surprised me by offering to attend.
I found headlining actor Ryûnosuke Kamiki
enthralling in more ways than one... Heh...

The film featured some of my favorite elements. A simple tale enhanced by historical reality, interesting character development, and lack of obvious computer generated imagery provided me great entertainment.

Unable to hang out afterward and talk, I’m unsure if Scars would agree as wholeheartedly. He needed to go home and treat increasing leg pain from his lifelong battle with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. That would certainly distract me from entertainment, not to mention the fact he’s facing another joint replacement surgery.

Before we parted he did, however, urge I attend a local self/public defense training course with a nationally renowned instructor he’d like me to meet. Flattered, I explained the prohibitive cost. He replied that this would be his gift for many past birthdays and Christmas’s we missed.

I decided leaving my comfort zone and the course itself would benefit me and, after talking to my husband, offered an agreement. In lieu of monetary compensation I would occasionally assist him and his father following surgery. Then last night Scars sent a text message that the simulated confrontations could be stressful. And his niece might attend, he added.

Would such an exemption make you offended or glad? Should I press for this new adventure?

-

9 comments:

  1. Do it! How exciting! Then tell us about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your awesome opinion did not surprise me in the least. It might make for an interesting post. lol Hugs, my dear.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't do it but of course to use the cop out phrase, it's up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The course sounds good, you should attend. It really pays to be aware and safe these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for weighing in. :) Sadly, you're right about safety and awareness.

      Delete
  4. I don't like mixed signals. I would pass, but you know Scars better than I do. Past experiences and all.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you've been burned by duplicity. ~hugs~ Stay warm, my dear.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!