Thursday, January 11, 2024

So Much Fun, Many Blessings, & One Reply

Well, first off I discovered that Strayer photographed a scene not unlike what I saw during a recent park excursion. Finding random connections with good people makes me happy.

A sidewalk to nowhere, for now?
This bizarre little park, located under both an automotive and train track bridge at either end, is obviously under construction. This time my smart phone didn’t lead me there. Rather, planning to revisit a nature preserve discovered early December I spotted its entrance while passing over the car bridge.

Pam from Through the Eyes of My Scattered Brain wondered if our white kitty Dandelion has blue eyes and might be deaf. Funny enough, she has pale blue peepers yet exhibits normal hearing ability. In fact I considered naming her Frankie. ~grin~ Her fur has gray smudges atop her head and at the end of her tale. That and the fact her eyes reflect pink makes me think she is leucistic, reducing her pigmentation.

Changing from my usual posts about nature and kitties I have to share the silly Sunday my husband and I shared. He has been experimenting with new software on very old hardware such as turning an old two-sided ‘flippy’ DVD of “Goodfellas” into a streaming video file so we don’t have to turn the disk over partway through the film.

Testing his results went from a brief viewing to me requesting we watch the entire flick. Then we turned to a program called “Ugly Americans” on that old hard drive. We laughed so much.

Can you believe our 1989 bond over dark humor is still going strong? Like us, does your sense of humor clash with most loved ones?

-

15 comments:

  1. I can understand why you almost named her Frankie. I have a bizarre sense of humor sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes? lol Thank heaven, my husband's sense of humor matches mine.

      Delete
  2. Some movies just suck you in no matter how many times you've seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugly Americans, I don't remember that one. That is eery, the resemblance to my photo. I thought, for a white cat to be deaf they had to have different eye colors. But I don't know. Miss Daisy was deaf and a calico!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On percentage of deaf white cats, from Cornell:

    https://www.vet.cornell.edu/departments-centers-and-institutes/cornell-feline-health-center/health-information/feline-health-topics/ask-elizabeth-white-cats-and-blindnessdeafness#:~:text=Researchers%20found%20that%20only%2017,both%20eyes%20blue%20are%20deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Darla,
    Funny sidewalk to nowhere indeed.
    Dandelion is a very special kitty!
    Both of us have always had a great sense of humor but there are a few relatives that lack any humor... That's their loss!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have similar sense of humour but generally my partner laughs more than I do. It is part of his social interactions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish my hubby was that tech savvy. Haven't heard of the tv show, but love Goodfellas. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, folks take advantage of his skills sometimes. That's cool that you like the movie. Hugs, my dear.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!