Monday, December 4, 2017

Positive Sparks Monday - A Smile for the Day



To quote Annie of McGuffy’sReader, the bright spirited blog where she created Sparks Mondays, “I believe we are meant to be lights in this world. If we allow our light to shine, we can see where we are going. It is then that we can begin to truly see each other clearly. Together, we can light up the entire world!”

Today I’m departing from the idea of an uplifting quote, having decided to share a joke. I hope anyone reading forgives my artistic license and enjoys a laugh to brighten the day.

“Everybody looks cool under a black light. Except for me... because I was under the impression that the mustard stain came out.” – Mitch Hedberg

Rest in peace, Mr. Hedberg. I still miss you. And heroin, I hate you.

Photo Credit - Twitter
Are you familiar with the unique cadence and dry humor of Mitch Hedberg?


https://twitter.com/M_Hedberg


-

16 comments:

  1. Nice spark. I am not familiar with Mitch Hedberg, but how sad that heroin took his life. It truly is an epedemic, many kids in their 20's in my town have died from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness. My mind went in several directions here. Obviously looks are not everything, nor what is really important. When we are in the light, we need to make good use of it. Sometimes, we need to simply hold the light for others. How did i do? Thank you for being a part of Sparks. I really am happy that you are. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its sad that he went through that. Its an epidemic all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darla,

    I do not know this man, either. However, I agree it's sad to read of drug addiction robbing another life. I marvel at anyone who ventures down this highway out of curiosity which often leads to no exit except through death. Truly heartbreaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree. And it's somehow more tragic that prescribes meds can lead one down this slippery slope. Be well!

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed this...a smile to start the week. Made me smile. Love your style. :)

    Peabea@Peabea's Photography Patch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of Mitch Hedburg. I am assuming he died from a heroin overdose. It is a fun joke. Never have you teeth cleaned if you are going to be in black light that same day. They glow in the dark, and you look like a cheshire cat. Thanks for visiting our blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be right about his death. I'm sad so few kind commenters have heard of the man. I found him after he passed away. ~sigh~ Thanks for sharing about the teeth cleaning. That's amazingly funny. Thank *you* for blogging.

      Delete
  7. Nice tribute and I hate heroin too and meth here, destroys so many, hate them all, but the mustard stain quote, makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have given you a smile, despite the bittersweet note to my 'spark'. ~hugs~ Be well!

      Delete
  8. All drugs suck. Working for the drug unit when at the TBI, I learned so much....things I really wished I had not learned. Love that quote though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet you did! ~hugs~ I never thought about that aspect of your career. Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!