Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A Lucky Gal’s Whiny Post



I have to go clothes shopping today for better fitting, less ratty pants if nothing else. Maybe some shirts.

The hand-me-down oversized Carhart shirts and ancient pair of shorts I wear to the gym are literally rotting off my body. And my cycling/weight lifting slip-on shoes have a hole above the toes. Even my sleepwear is giving out. At least I’m good on undergarments for now! That’s one less necessity to drain my bank account.

I despise clothes shopping and hate crowds. Wouldn’t normally go to the mall at all but plan to today so I can stop at Hot Topic and check for Palaye Royale merch! Doubt they’ll have clothes in my size, but you never know. And another store I like is right next door.

Anyway, wish me luck. What do you have planned for today?

Where Palaye Royale Writes Their Music
Great Place, No?

-

11 comments:

  1. Ehh. My day consists of work, groceries, gym, and making dinner. Aside from that, I ALSO hate clothes shopping and have gotten it down to an art of knowing exactly what I need and just ordering it online so I don't have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I don't know how you find time for all your creative endeavors. You amaze me. A friend suggested shopping online but I've had bad luck with a proper fit and hate the hassle of returning things. ~sigh~ I did end up having a successful morning at the mall. Got myself pretty well set up now. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Do you know Hot Topic's sister store, Torrid? I'm a bit to staid for Torrid, but you might consider it.

    I do 99% of my clothes shopping online. The trick to online shopping is to measure yourself carefully, then follow their sizing guidelines. And order only one until you've tried on for fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I'm a bit *too* staid for Torrid..." Someone wasn't proofreading...

      Delete
    2. Torrid's where I spent most of my time and money! Heh... Didn't know it was a 'sister' store, but it's in the next spot over at my mall, as I think I mentioned, so it makes sense.

      I can't believe some of the typos that get through my proofreading. Be well!

      Delete
  3. I hope you found some clothes you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was more productive than I expected. Now, I just hope they work in everyday life and not just the dressing room. ~rolls eyes~ I can be very picky about fit.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's tough, isn't it? Back when I was young and thin it was a different story.

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh, I hate shopping too. There's nothing worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you deal with much worse helping animals in need. ~hugs~ And my ordeal wasn't too bad! I'm actually happy with everything still, and that's rare.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!