Saturday, December 9, 2017

A Huge Honor, High Hopes, and a Simple Solution


Never having had a biological sister, several women around the world make me feel as close to that as possible. One of them writes under the name Grace Kahlo, and she emailed me an exciting request a few weeks ago.

Hoping to come to the United States under the Steinbeck Fellows Program of San José State University, she asked me to write a recommendation letter! That honored me so much, almost as much as her response to the results.

Now I can only hope she gets this opportunity. As my letter states through its 387 words Grace is generous, compassionate, intelligent, grateful, and creative. The university would benefit from her presence, I have no doubt.

Reading the web page about the fellowship, I realized that they may well contact me for the recommendation letter. So I figure it’s time I check my email accounts every day. Sometimes I lapse for the better part of a week before checking my Gmail address.

That will not do. Then an idea came to mind. All it requires is to set my browser home page as that account. Done!

Won’t you join me in wishing Grace the best of luck?

-

10 comments:

  1. Best of LUCK Grace!!!! I stopped by a bookstore that opened in Aug. around here, was impressed that there was a small family owned one around. It is owned by Rebekka Pruitt and her dad Keith Pruitt. They write about Presidents. Check them out on the net. I purchased a 15 dollar book 40% off for nine something. I am about to partake in Just Another Termination, written by a local author Linda Thorne. She lives in the city I grew up in! Too neat....will let you know what I think. Still thinking of trying my hand at writing....(haha)....not sure if I want a short story type thing or a children's book about non other than Dakota and Lily Bit. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd be an excellent writer! Thank you for sharing, my friend. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to Grace! And I agree, it is an honor to be asked to write a recommendation for someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you've been asked. ~hugs~ Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  4. All the best to Grace. What an honor to have been asked to write a letter for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darla, thank you so much for the kind words, for the awesome letter of recommendation, and most of all - thanks for being such a wonderful friend! You’re the sister of my heart and that’s the greatest honor :) ~tons of hugs~ And thanks to all of you for the good luck wishes. I’m going to need it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Thanks for the time taken to stop and comment, my sister. ~hugs~ Best wishes!

      Delete
  6. Good luck, Grace.

    (You check your email address once a week? Wow. I check in with all my addresses several times a day via my phone. Not that they actually need that much attention.)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!