Saturday, December 16, 2017

Single Use Tool - A Quiz for the Day



Years ago we used to have a lot of fun watching Alton Brown’s show “Good Eats”. One memorable piece of advice is to avoid single use tools.

"Other than fire extinguishers!" he was always careful to add. Though of course you could also fight off zombies with those, I suppose, at least long enough to make an exit. All this brings me to a single use tool my partner bought.

Arrow at Bottom Shows Lock has Been Selected
Any idea what it is? The colors/shape are a big clue.

Strayer made a good suggestion, to share a video! This one is SAMIMCofficial off of Youtube.

 

-

8 comments:

  1. No clue. Break an egg or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you're close. I'll pop over to your blog with the answer. ~grin~ I see you have a new post. Be well!

      Delete
  2. Definitely for an egg, but I don't know why you would punch an egg? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the most excellent guess! As for Strayer, I've put the answer in a comment on your blog. ~grin~ Be well!

      Delete
  3. Okay, got what it does but for heavens sake why would you want to poke a hole in an egg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha... Glad I still stumped you. The end result is a hard boiled egg that is easier to peel. This process breaks the seal between the shell and that inner membrane.

      Delete
  4. Unitaskers! I loved "Good Eats". That's really a good rule of thumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a great show, and a good rule. We have several single use tools, but I suppose we could be worse.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!