Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Technical Difficulties – or – How Not to Play a CD



I like some of our local radio stations, two of which play some good alternative rock music. The commercials, however, get on my nerves. So I’ve taken to playing my own stuff while tooling about town, whether hooking up my iPod or actually sticking in a compact disk.

The other day I opted for a favorite Marilyn Manson album, The Pale Emperor. Volt fired up, seatbelt buckled, I inserted the disk backing out of the garage. Nothing happened sound wise, then the CD player spit the disk back out.

I tried again. Same thing.

The Outer Cover Has the Coolest Rough Texture
Too Bad it Doesn't Show in the Photo
And No, the Blur Isn't Accidental
Rather than tap it back in I picked up the disk with a ginger grasp, using its center hole and outer edge so as not to smudge the flat surfaces. With a suspicious look at both sides, I flipped the disk over for reinsertion.

Success! I guess the design is too cool for its own good.

Proper Side Up - The Silver Edge Should Have Clued Me In
My question is, how in the world did I put it away upside down?

-

8 comments:

  1. HAHA....loving such a good morning laugh! Thanks for that. It is easy doing things like that. Maybe you were watching the road, thoughts on something else....you know, not giving the disc your full attention!But again....thanks for that laugh again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted to have given you a chuckle. Heh... I appreciate you letting me know.

      Delete
  2. I think we are related, somehow. I really do. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha... I take that as a compliment. Hugs to you, too, my dear.

      Delete
  3. I would have put it in wrong too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Annie remarked to me, I think you and I might be related. ~hugs~ And I wouldn't mind! Best wishes, my dear.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!