Thursday, April 13, 2017

K is for Michael Kiwanuka


“Love & Hate” is a fantastic song. Mr. Kiwanuka really moves me with these lyrics. And the quietly soaring guitar toward the end raises the hair on my arms. If you play the video, be warned that the sound gets muffled when the point of view shifts behind the sound booth (there is nothing wrong with your speakers).



For K, I’m going to make up Knotty Pine, my ode to the final episode of “American Horror Story: Coven”. Hearing Jessica Lang’s evil character howl upon recognizing her eternal afterlife always makes me grin. My fake Knotty Pine foursome, however, plays old school country and western. One of the guys plays a wicked banjo.
I can’t resist sharing the great Johnny Cash covering Trent Reznor’s “Hurt”. 




-
All the real tunes air on member supported WNKU out of the University of Northern Kentucky. The web page features the current playlist and live streaming.

12 comments:

  1. Now here's one I know. A great British talent. Didn't know this particular song though - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very talented. So glad I could introduce you to a new tune!

      Delete
  2. I should be well educated with bands by the time the ABC challenge is done. Johnny Cash did have a sound all his own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Pam. Thanks for following along! I appreciate your kindly remarks.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree. Thanks for following along. I adore your blog, my dear.

      Delete
  4. And, there he is: Mr. Cash. That song by him makes me cry, which is why it is my Lifeblood Song for Letter H! Good choice, Darla. Hugs.
    Kodachrome
    Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to make you cry, though I understand the reasoning. Hugs to you, my dear. And there's a great article about the song writer's original performer reacting to Johnny Cash's version here: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/trent-reznor-talks-johnny-cash-168199

      Delete
  5. That is a good song, I had never heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I introduced you to something new. Best wishes!

      Delete
  6. I love soaring guitar rifts and runs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I bet I would have a blast hanging out with you.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!