Monday, April 3, 2017

B is for Courtney Barnett

Ms. Barnett’s “Three Packs a Day” deserves a mention for not only being catchy but also hilarious. The lyrics are not about cigarettes as one would expect. Instead she sings about a ramen noodle habit (!). Gotta love that Aussie wit. And I’m going to note early that my taste for female crooners has grown a lot in the last year or so. Expect to find more women lauded by my humble blog than last year.

Today’s fake singer performs under the name Brianna. Last year I wrote about the XX, a London based trio featured on a compilation album given me by a good friend. I imagine Brianna performing something similar to the sexy XX tune “On Hold”.

-
All the real tunes air on member supported WNKU out of the University of Northern Kentucky. The web page features the current playlist and live streaming.

21 comments:

  1. I guess there aren't too many songs about noodles! Love the sound of Brianna

    Today in Amble Bay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Thanks, Keith, for always making me smile.

      Delete
  2. Noodles! I would never have guessed, Darla! How delightful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Right? ~grin~ Hugs back to you, Vidya, my dear.

      Delete
  3. Ramen noodles - that's definitely a new one on me :) I suspect songs are the same as fiction, if you can think it, someone's probably written about it somewhere ::g::
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - Shapeshifters and Werewolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! Thanks for the comment, my dear. I like your blog, by the way.

      Delete
  4. Ramen Noodles!! That sounds hilarious! I'm too lazy to look it up, so I'll just take your word for it.

    ~Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle #AtoZChallenge 1970's Billboard Hits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm not good as you, Mary. I should take a course on embedding video. Thanks for the kind word. ~hugs~

      Delete
  5. Ramen noodles.....haha. Too funny! Stop by and check out my B for the day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ramen noodles.....haha. Too funny! Stop by and check out my B for the day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You never cease to amaze me. *wink* HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a fun song. I gave up eating Ramen noodles years ago because they have so much sodium in them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Right? The stuff is tasty, though. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Ramen noodles? Has she been around a high school lately? Because, those things are popular. I see kiddos eating them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I think the artist is pretty young. Anyway, it's nice you commented because it seems music is not your thing. ~hugs~ Thanks for weighing in!

      Delete
  10. Great character development! Brianna is an awesome name!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha...Ramen noodles! I like your theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoy your posts, for sure. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!