Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A View From My Writing Space

I am very happy with my laptop. It’s nice to be able to write from various vantages. Sometimes, though, I need to shed the distraction of the Internet and social media.

That’s when my AlphaSmart3000 comes in handy.

On Monday I set it up on our dining table. You can see the beast itself below, a low tech wonder.

Like my Christmas place mat?
I enjoy this view of my Christmas tree. Candles made the space even cozier.

'Tis the Season
So do kitties. Jezebel has taken to using an old dog bed donated by my parents after their pet Rocky passed away.

Looking out the Window...
I turned around after taking the above image to find Tilly begging at my feet. With nothing given her, she lost interest and wandered away. Her meerkat posturing never fails to make me laugh.

Already looking to the dry food bowl as I had nothing to give her...
All the while I enjoyed music through my Soundfreaq speaker. This morning I’m listening to Alanis Morissette’s “Flavors of Entanglement”. It’s a beautiful album. Yesterday my soundtrack was very different. I still lament the loss of Chris Cornell, who conceived of Temple of the Dog following the loss of his friend, lead singer of Mother Love Bone.

The Photo Features My Maternal Grandparents
Have you ever heard music by Temple of the Dog?

-

10 comments:

  1. It's so important to be comfortable wherever you're going to write. Setting the mood so to speak.

    I've not hear any music by Temple of the Dog.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen on the first point. Hope you'll give this talented band a listen, though I'd understand if their sound isn't your style. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Darla, I have not only never heard any music by Temple of the Dog, but I've never even heard of Temple of the Dog!
    I would never be able to write, or draw, with music. I would find it a terrible distraction! To each his own (my mother would then add, "said the old woman as she kissed the cow").
    Pretty kitties you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mother sounds like a gem. ~grin~ Thanks for the kind word!

      Delete
  3. Temple of the Dog... '90s band? It sounds vaguely familiar. I was all into alternative from the late '80s until the mid '90s. (About 1995 I discovered that I was completely out of touch with music, and I never got back into it.) So, I probably know the music, but would be hard-pressed to name the band.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, though I'm sad you gave up on music. I'd forgotten you used to be an alternative fan. I can't stand a lot of the pop music today. 21 Pilots and Maroon 5 make me gag, and I'm starting to fancy a connection between my tastes and there being a number in the band name. Heh...

      Delete
  4. I have not heard music by Temple of the Dog. I will look them up. Your Alphasmart is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you enjoy! And I like this little thing. I'm thinking about using it after I spend a few more minutes (I hope that's all!) on social media. Be well!

      Delete
  5. I have not heard that music. The Alphasmart is a good idea to focus on writing. Your tree looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help my focus. ~grin~ Thank you! I'm enjoying my tree a I type. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!