Saturday, December 22, 2018

Merry Christmas to Me!

Friday morning all I wanted to do was write. But I made myself get on the Nordictrack, where I at least go to read my latest story to date.

(To be honest, I don’t do the cross country arm ‘skiing’ motion because it leaves me too out of breath, so my laptop perched high to the side allows me to even type minor edits during my workout.)

Anyway, soon after that I got recruited to drive my husband to the pharmacy and then grocery shopping. I warned him of my plan to write later. And, of course, another mention of that plan earned me puppy dog eyes alongside a plea to join him for some television.

By that time it was already the hour when we meet up most days. So, I caved in.

But I got my reward in the form of no complaint over a minor splurge in the grocer’s flower department. Many long years after a young Jezebel destroyed my Christmas cactus, I at last have a new one. This is one of the few houseplants that likes our home. Morning sun in the entryway seems perfect for this festive bloomer.

I think I'll name this plant 'Joy'.
Let’s hope this little guy does as well, and blooms twice a year like my old plant.

Have you treated yourself to anything lately?

-

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful. Very colorful and that would make me smile. I'm glad you treated yourself to something you love. I'm trying to think of something I've done to treat myself. Nothing comes to mind.

    Have a fabulous weekend, Darla. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you get to treat yourself to something soon! Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful. I treated myself to a Mr. Potato Head recently, you will see it on my blog next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Now the lady potato will have a potential mate. ~grin~ Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. I hope your plant survives. What a nice treat.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!