Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Random Joys in Troubled Times

Humans have forever been warlike but it’s hard to believe we haven’t moved beyond it. Meanwhile, my husband thinks bearing witness is a duty. He’s a good man, while weaker me sometimes wishes for blissful ignorance and that the twenty-four hour news cycle didn’t exist.

So I drown my sorrows in beautiful and often silly things. A few seemed worth sharing. The first is absolutely under the silly category.

My chalk kitty has an ear tipped in honor of
all you TNR heroes out there...

I have a Halloween decoration inside that shows partway through the glass, so that was my template. Reflected from the yard is my giant pumpkin a friend made for us probably two decades ago.

My $1 Walmart mum survived winter '22-'23 in our garage!

A neighboring tree left this upon my hellebores...


My two solar water features have been set up again since the weather is nice. While not a pretty display, I still enjoy it on these lingering warm days. As a bonus, it draws insects for me to observe.

Did you know butterflies and bees sip on mud for the minerals?

-

8 comments:

  1. We are alike on looking at silly and beautiful things rather than the warlike humans that are everywhere. I'm with you.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that same with silly things. I love your cat. :) And your mum- very impressive you kept it alive over the winter. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mud? Really? Interesting.

    I can't bear witness to atrocities. It makes me physically ill. So, in the interests of self-preservation, I'm limiting my news intake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is interesting, at least when preservation is involved. ~sigh~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  4. I love your water fountain displays. They're so peaceful. AND THANK YOU for the eartipped black kitty tribute!! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!