Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Pumpkin Carving Failure

While not buying the really expensive pumpkins at the garden center on Sunday I spent too much there on a regular one, grocery stores prices being cheaper. But it weighed twenty-five pounds, the prolific roasted seeds are a hit with my husband, and I like to think my purchase supported a local farmer.

But as the title states, my carving attempt failed. It started with a rough kitty outline I drew. Please ignore the additional scribbling and tea stain. lol Anyway, I thought the enigmatic profile looked intriguing.
I redrew ears in the main body, understandingly
confusing my husband...

The moment I tried carrying my creation outdoors, its outlining tail section fell off. ~shakes head~ Reattachment with a toothpick failed, too. Oh, well. My wise fellow stated that I shouldn’t feel bad, having carved few pumpkins in my life. I may try growing them next year instead of cucumbers.

Already broken...

Aren’t painted jack-o-lanterns almost as fun, anyway? Is it not obvious the break was inevitable?

-

10 comments:

  1. I like it. It's way better than I could do. You had fun and that's the best part.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind. And I did have fun. Plus we are still enjoying the roasted seeds. Blessings, my dear.

      Delete
  2. I was just going to suggest painting it. The last time I carved a pumpkin, my age was in the single digits. And I wasn't great at it then. But, I'm sure there's a way to do it. It's just a matter of planning and practice. It's better than I would have done, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I want to see a photo of you as a little girl. :) Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  3. It is a pity. If you you try next year you'll give some more thought to where the tail will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could just skip the tail and say it's a manx cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job. And I agree with Terry above about it being a manx cat. XO

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!