Monday, October 23, 2023

Good News – & – Pretty in Pink

Returning to the local YMCA for another round of resistance training, I carried in all the required financial assistance forms. The gal who encouraged me (S) was busy while another nice woman who usually works in the daycare center said she’d give it to S for review and would probably call early next week.

Imagine my surprise; I presumed the application would sit in limbo until some faceless committee declined it. Better still, S called to my sweaty, exiting self. She had done the math already and my membership for the next year will be almost half the current monthly rate.

On another financial note, I tend to overspend at auctions benefitting a good cause. It’s a recurring theme. ~rolls eyes~ For Winnie’s Wish List (discovered thanks to the Eastside Cats blog), an adorable, unicorn print pet tent was too cute to pass up. Terra and Polly never gave it more than a sniff. I almost offered the tent to some other animal lover, then we adopted Dandelion this summer and one day Dani did this...

I really do want her body fur shaved again;
besides being adorably pink that way,
her fur is close to matting.

Alas, she only stayed settled until
I got up from the sofa...

Can you believe my good fortune? Would you have expected such quick resolution, even from a not-for-profit organization?

-

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a deal and they got back to you so quickly.

    Awww in Dani giving that tent a try. Adorable.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound really efficient! Dandelion looks so beautiful nestles in there. I have these once cheap clippers from Amazon (bought a decade ago which means they're probably double the price now), still working, rechargable, low noise for pets, lower blade ceramic so doesn't heat up. Came with extra battery. I'll try to find a link to anything similar. Makes it easy to do the clipping yourself. (I've never mastered the art of making them look great but.....mats are gone at least)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if they'll let me put links in comments. If you look up Odells House dot com you'll see quiet clippers not exactly like my ancient ones that still work, but close. But amazon still has the quiet clippers, no name brands, for just a bit over $20 and that's where I got mine over a decade ago and they still work great. Here's one link, if they'll let me add it: https://www.amazon.com/Grooming-Clippers-Electric-Rechargeable-Cordless/dp/B07SSRDCHT/ref=asc_df_B07SSRDCHT/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=343230836318&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2001080160735278785&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032979&hvtargid=pla-782828376214&ref=&adgrpid=64449931850&th=1

      Delete
    2. Dumb me, I didn't see this link before making a purchase. ~rolls eyes~ Fingers crossed, the set I picked will work out. Thank you for your enduring kindness. ~hugs~ I pictured Polly sitting pretty but you know forcing a kitty into any situation is not only pointless but cruel. Be well!

      Delete
  3. That's great that they got back to you right away. I'm sure that'll be a great help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable for her to give it a go. It looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dani is so adorable. Hooray for the YMCA thing, that's really good news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dani is adorable. I am so glad she is enjoying her tent. And I am glad you will get a reduced fee. XO

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!