Sunday, March 22, 2020

More Duh Moments, & Wait... What? Why?

After I blogged about the snafu with our census paperwork my husband admitted that he found the paper on his desk yesterday morning. ~sigh~ That had crossed my mind, but it seemed like one of my bizarrely lifelike dreams of late. Seems like someone has been staying up too late and all but sleepwalking to bed.

What can I say? I feel more stressed by world events in the mornings and stay up in order to sleep in. ~shakes head~ It's lucky I don't have to earn a living because avoidance is a lame but rather effective coping mechanism.

Listening to music is another. Right now I'm playing the score to the movie "Army of Darkness". It's good stuff, before Sam Raimi stuck to directing all this 'cape crap', as I've taken to calling these endless comic book movies/CGI fests. Well, insert a more offensive 's' word other than crap.


Heh...

Don't blame me. I learned it from my husband's addiction to following /pol/ on 4chan. This political meme image board is not for thin-skinned people, but anonymous (mostly young) guys trading absurd insults seems a reasonable outlet for their stress and aggression.

As for my little outburst in the title, I learned that Gmail is marking blog comment notifications as Spam. You'd think that after having discovered Yahoo dumping (very important!) documents I would know better than to trust Google.

Nope.

Only today did I think to check the spam folder. But why it should suddenly start happening after several years of blogging, I have no idea. Grrr... Oh, well, it's just another first world problem I can live with.
 

Have you seen "Army of Darkness"? Did you know Bruce Campbell of that film's fame portrayed Elvis Presley in the quirky flick "Bubba Ho-Tep"?

-

8 comments:

  1. Even I found a few of the Blogger Comments landing up in my Spam folder. I have brought this to the notice of Blogger via the Feedback column. One of the technical glitches, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, that's interesting. Thank you for sharing. And stay safe!

      Delete
  2. Bruce Campbell is hilarious. I love him in Burn Notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live in strange times, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a depressing world right now. And a lonely one.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!