Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Oops! I forgot to think of a title.

I have to admit, that 'brave' anonymous person who trolled me on my last post made me laugh. What a moron. But please don't check it out if (lengthy and rambling) idiotic vitriol upsets you.

Instead, enjoy Jezebel "helping" hold down my Kindle

Meanwhile, my hope today is sharing some laughs with a quirky list of blessings. Some aren't quite funny, but rather cool incidentals in my humble opinion. So, below are eight rather silly things making the crisis more bearable here.

1. Since Ohio is on a shelter in place edict, a clingy friend across the state can no longer hound me about visiting.

2. A few weeks ago we accidentally doubled up on purchasing sugar and liquid hand soap while I put laundry detergent and mouthwash on the list way early. How lucky is that?

3. I feel vindicated eating some foods with absolutely zero redeeming qualities. After all, that box of Cocoa Wheats isn't getting any younger.

4. We have a tiny extra stash of body wash, toothpaste, and whatnot following last September's little 'adventure'. Who knew getting hospitalized for a swollen tongue would benefit us months later?

5. I reinvested in my aquarist hobby this year, because watching my fish and making homemade decorations are both very calming.

6. Likewise, I not only discovered neat filming options available on my iPod Touch, but my husband bought the adapter that converted my awesome old tripod for its usage.

7. His emergency room visit years ago has us stocked with several tubes of antibacterial ointment for things like my little gashed thumb tip, which I'm happy to report is healing well.

8. I decided to grow out my bangs last year, so while my wild graying hair doesn't look so great, it's past the awkward stage when the ends constantly pokes my eyeballs.

How are you doing? Are mainstream media reports getting you down or have you found alternative news sources with a more even-tempered tone?

-

20 comments:

  1. Love the funnies. We don't follow the media at all. I get all the information I need from the CDC. Not going to listen to anyone else.

    We are well here. I'm glad you are too.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. International news. Not me, as I've been avoiding the news, but roommate watches Mexican news, and she says they have a different take on everything.

    I'm contemplating figuring out how to post videos. I have the time for it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jezebel is such a cutie. I don't mind being isolated, I just wish I could get my mom to stay with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Awww... Sorry your mother is resisting. That would worry me if either of our moms remained alive. I hope you all stay healthy.

      Delete
  4. I quit watching the news. Makes me happier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to read that bonehead comment. I sure hope he feels better for venting but I'm not accepting any blame or guilt so he can go ... I won't say it because maybe kids read this, right? Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking an interest and the kind words. Take care, my dear.

      Delete
  6. Since I work for a mainstream media organisation, I have no way of escaping the one single news that everyone around the world is talking about.

    Though in India the impact has been comparatively low, the government has been pro-active always because considering the population density it could be a huge tragedy if precautions are not taken. The Prime Minister therefore declared a 21-week lockdown (except for essential services) from today.

    Thanks to some amazing technology, working from home. And trying to distract myself with some movies and webs series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you stay well and glad you aren't unemployed. Distraction is key to sanity, for sure. Take care!

      Delete
  7. I have been trying to stay away from the news as much as possible. I did however watch it this morn for the weather! SUNSHINE....yay SUNSHINE! Cooler though. Glad you were able to treat the wound on your thumb. HAHA...So where is the before and after pic of the bangs??? HAHA. I am messing around and my hair is sort of growing out again. Wanting a new style but i have to let it grow out some before doing that. Homemade decor??? WHAT? PICS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sunny here, too. :) I planned on taking a walk but my husband turned on a show that's way too interesting. Heh... Sorry to say there we be NO pictures of my 'crazy lady' hair. The aquarium, on the other hand, will be featured again soon. Take care!

      Delete
  8. Yes, the news bums me OUT!
    I've run out of my favorite toothpaste, but we have another kind that i can make do with. What we really need is cat litter! Usually I have a pile of extra, but somehow...this one time...I let my stash get low. And it's not something one can go without...eww....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you have toothpaste. We made the same mistake about litter, but with just one kitty should be okay for a while yet. Take care!

      Delete
  9. Guess you got one of those hate filled comments too!!!!! I admit, it messed with me. -sigh- But knowing I'm not the only one, has helped.

    We heard about this horror, marching across the world, and prepared ahead of time. How could anyone not????

    Wondering why you have allowed that clingy person, to continue to bug you, in the past??????????

    There are a lot of nice things about being a home body. -smile- But we have always been. So we are not climbing the walls. lol

    And I had my hair cut the same (bangs and page boy), but had it cut shorter on the sides. How smart was that, hu? >,-) And there are sites on line, to tell one how to cut hair at home. Mmmmmmmmmmm... Don't think so. I can trim bangs but...... -grin-

    Gentle hugs,
    🌸 🌸 🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry the comment bothered you but glad you started preparing early. We're happiest at home, too. Take care!

      Delete
  10. Well first off, these ridiculous daily "briefings" coming from the clown show are more and more difficult to sit through. Since dad's been out of work for a bit he's now got more hair on his face than he does on top of his head. Life sure has been altered...

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!