Sunday, March 29, 2020

Thumbs Down and Oiled Up

My coping mechanism during these unprecedented times has been endless solitaire played on my iPod Classic. Yes. This means a spin/click wheel. I know virtual card games are available for my iPod touch and laptop. There was just something extra comforting in the old familiar technology.

Image from eBay
Unfortunately, hundreds of games predominantly using my right hand caused a mild repetitive stress injury. Oops. Hitting the space key is now my left index finger’s job, no easy feat. Oh, well, I’ll no doubt work it out. And reading is an excellent, painless pastime. Meanwhile, before my topic goes all oily, here is more fun with my stop motion camerawork.


The poor dear has no idea she’s on candid camera. When she appeared in the living room I went back and stopped filming at just the right time, no editing needed. Sorry its so dark and grainy, but isnt she just the cleanest cute little kitty?

Sad to say, I also bring up oil due to the pandemic. One handy item nobody else has mentioned to my knowledge is petroleum jelly. My husband purchased a small jar some years ago for fire starting. Last week I recalled the material’s soothing and moisturizing properties.

We picked up a larger tub during our final trip inside the local grocery store. I’ve since reserved my favorite lip balm sticks for portability. A lifetime of lifesaving steroids in my asthma medications resulted in dry eyes, as well. Too bad the jelly would blur my vision as my eye drop stock is drying up. Heh… Not Sorry.

Do you have any petroleum jelly at home? Is there another item or activity you would suggest to restore some comforting first world normalcy?

-

12 comments:

  1. Oh yes, we have petroleum jelly at home!!!! My husband has been a pharmacist for 60 years. Of course we do. -smile-

    And it is a wonderful healer. Put some on your lips and it is much better than all those modern so-called lip balms.

    For your over-used thumb... CAn you get CBD cream there? It's hemp based and is wonderful for random flare ups of arthritis.
    Don't know about its use for an over worked finger though...

    Gentle hugs
    🌺🌸🌼🌹🌻🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found my lips need more than with my favorite balm, believe it or not, but this will do fine at home. My husband takes CBD oil, actually. Thanks for the kind remarks and suggestions.

      Delete
  2. No, I don't believe I have any petroleum jelly. I do have lip balms, though. And lip balm holders...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, right! You've got some neat holders available. And here's the link:
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/ZiziRho
      Be well!

      Delete
  3. Vaseline is a good substitute for lip balm. I have both. I also like playing scrabble in FB. My mom in Florida plays on her phone. I will admit I've been playing a lot more lately...

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a beautiful kitty. Vaseline is a good idea. I have started meditating to calm myself. Deepak and Oprah are offering a free 21 day meditation- here is the link https://chopracentermeditation.com/experience

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have that here, for a variety of uses. Into week two of state lockdown, stay at home order. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understood. We're on week three, I guess, and are advised to continue through April though are encouraged to get out and exercise as you mentioned. Be well!

      Delete
  6. How our lives have changed in these troubled times.
    I apply vaseline. It works.
    The kitty is so nice!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. You take care, too!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!