Monday, June 17, 2024

The Big Chill

The other day I decided to inventory frozen foodstuffs. We’ve been stocking up on sale items, especially buy-one-get-one-free (!) deals, which I often proceed to repackage in vacuum sealed bags. Yet regardless of packaging I like to rotate items from the cellar to the kitchen, putting newer stuff in the deep freezer.

I decided utilizing a portable cooler would aid my efforts and thus toted fresh purchases down the stairs. Then I went further, stashing newer pork items at the bottom, older ones atop, and putting the entire cooler inside. Before finishing up I heard my phone announce a text message.

But where was it? I looked on the main floor all the while knowing it to be futile. Finally, I remembered. That wheeled cooler has outside pockets to hold shelf stable items like my smart phone. ~shakes head~ I’m also grateful for not having buried the cooler under a whole lot.

Whew! My husband would’ve put me in the deep freeze if my awesome cellular phone became damaged. I promptly disassembled the Otterbox brand case and thoroughly dried all three pieces. By the way, there is still another unused layer; I don’t like carrying it on my waist and the part with the clip is too big for my everyday fanny pack and most purses.


Have you ever seen the 1983 flick “The Big Chill”? And can you recommend another protective phone case brand?
What a great cast...


-

19 comments:

  1. We can put our phones in the weirdest places and then try to find them. I'm glad you didn't ruin your phone.

    We do the food rotation too. We also shop for deals. Chicken and hamburger on sale always make us happy.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have a lot of frozen goodies. Hooray for not using your phone. We only us otterboxes here and I just throw away the holder part with the big clip and use the other part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your phone is OK. I did see The Big Chill. I miss the good old 1980's movies- Ferris Bueler, 16 Candles, Pretty in Pink-I could go on and on. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You silly sausage. I haven't seen that film. I always thought it was a disaster movie, but not according to the poster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Darla,
    Oh my, that was 'almost' a scare but glad you discovered it in time!!!
    Just got rid of my freezer in the laundry room as I have on side–by–side in the pantry and then a rather large freezer drawer in the kitchen.
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Rotating your stock is very important
    2) Otterbox all the way
    3) Your line about what would happen if you damaged your phone made my insides flutter. Thanks for the "suggestion"
    4) Just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea to rotate food items. We do as well. The worst thing that happens is we forget that we had a food item and end up buying it! So, very important we keep looking at what we have stashed up.
    Good you got the phone without being damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is not a movie I have seen, or if I have it was way too long ago to remember! lol....Wouldn't it be cool if the SMART phone could tell you where it is!? LOL...."Darla, I am in the freezer. Burr, come fast, I am cold".....Yep, they do too much now as it is. I had a freezer in the basement at me/mom home but never put stuff in there for the reason I had trouble going up and down. I have such a big deck, I have thought about getting a small one just for me for the deck. I prob will not so that though, I just don't cook enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your quote from my phone. lol Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  9. Do you write dates on your frozen goods? My father does that. That way, he knows which is the oldest and uses that first.

    I get my phone cases from Etsy. There's a better range of designs. Last time I ended up looking for dragon scales...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I discover items that weren't properly labelled. Oops. ~shakes head~ Your father is wise. Meanwhile, right this minute I'm wearing the fingerless gloves you sold via Etsy; they make a comfortable wrist rest year round. Be well!

      Delete
  10. Good job! I should probably go through and organize our freezer when we get home.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!