Wednesday, April 17, 2024

One Wild Bird and Six Pet Kitty Names

Our kind friend Strayer expressed interest in video I took during my riverside walk. Here are two, in fact. ~grin~ The first shows a very determined crane on the hunt. I’m impressed by how still they can stand even near raging waters.
Then I must have gotten too close, which made me feel bad. At least I got to see its majestic flight.
On her blog, Pam shared a cute game in which you try to describe a pet’s name without declaring it outright. I just had to join the fun. I’ll start with the three sweethearts we’ve lost over the last decade, listing each in order of their arrival into our hearts and home. Of course each is listed under my blog’s labels but I’ll put the answers below…

Our Earth’s moon in Latin
Actresses Meg and Jennifer
The wicked wife of Israeli King Ahab
The Earth, ‘firma’
Who wants a cracker?
A prolific yellow flowering weed

Do you think the bird recognized my predatory ocular orientation? And since cats are both predator and prey, why don’t they have a second set of eyes on the sides of their heads?

Here are the girls’ names:
Luna
Tilly
Jezebel
Terra
Polly
Dandelion


-

23 comments:

  1. Those two video are so nice :-) Most birds do move away if we get too close, unless they are in an environment where they know for sure that people are harmless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you scared the bird off, but they will take off at the slightest provocation. I just did the pet thing on Pam's blog, in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out your comments there. Heh...

      Delete
  3. We love watching them fish at our marina. Often they are scared off by cars and walkers and it's most beautiful to watch them take flight. They are so patient while fishing.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Darla. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Darla,
    Excellent videos taken!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were sure nice videos, such a beautiful bird. That's a cute game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lunar, Terra and Polly is my best effort. The crane is such a regal bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, Andrew. And I agree about cranes.

      - Darla M Sands

      Delete
  7. Great videos. I guessed most correctly because I was familiar with their names. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent videos, Darla. And that name game is kinda cool. Dad says he got all but one, but his brain's not fully functioning yet as he awoke this morning at a stupid time that starts with a 3 due to hip pain and having to pee. He and mom saw a crane (or maybe a heron?) while walking along the Delaware River Canal Tow Path on the day of the eclipse. It was standing statue-still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to you and your family, my dear. You've won the kitty jackpot, as I've no doubt mentioned before. But getting old is not fun, so I wish your humans well.

      Delete
  9. That is a lot of water, Darla, over that dam. That's a fun game with cat names. We have Herons, egrets, Snow geese but cranes are rare to see around here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Darla. Do you know a Jim Diamond?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this part of the pet name game?

      Delete
  11. Share of of that outdoor art with us....also, seal it and it will last

    ReplyDelete
  12. noe eyez at de sidez oh R headz coz they bee in de bak, inn viz a bull two de human eye, sew just bee care ful, coz ya never noe when, ore wher we bee spyin on ewe 🙀😺🐟

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!