Monday, January 6, 2020

Technical Difficulties – & – Tooling Around Town


My iPod Touch is an unexpected luxury gifted by my husband about two years ago. For the most part, I appreciate carrying my entire music library on the go and tend to use no other features.

The camera is incredible, though, with great resolution. Being more portable than my Canon PowerShot means it has seen more and more use.

However, yesterday I could not upload my latest images. I won’t bore you with technicalities, but my every attempt led to a mysterious dead end. My husband promised to do some research and assist me. In the meantime, driving to the YMCA this morning I spotted a white squirrel.

I pulled over to take a few photos. Uploading one to my Instagram account (which sees little use) garnered access so I can share here.

Alas, the quality is disappointing for whatever reason. But at least you can see one of our little neighbors. Not an albino, these cuties have brown eyes. And we think they are spreading.
Where did I bury that acorn?
Maybe taking new pictures has sort of reset the upload option. I’ll let you know what happens. With any luck, this won’t be the last sunny day for a while, because all our local squirrels seem to be having a grand time foraging. The next time I go out, I’ll snag my trusty Canon for good measure.

Have you heard the old adage that butterflies are solar powered? Do you agree that the same can be said for squirrels?

-

14 comments:

  1. Aw, they are cute. I know you're get your technical issues sorted out. I hate it when things don't work like they should.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have upload issues, I'll email my photos from my phone. I have a couple email addresses, so I email from one to another. Then I access my email from my computer. But that only works if your device has wifi and can access your email. Good luck fixing your issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My husband managed to access the photos, though apparently I need to upgrade to Windows 10 at long last. Beside the fact Microsoft is no longer supporting security updates but the iPod should be readily available. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  3. That is so cool. I have heard of the albinos and we have some black ones around, but none like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, black squirrels are gorgeous, too. Kent, Ohio is famous for them, introduced by a biologist if I recall correctly. Be well!

      Delete
  4. White but not albino is Leucism, and I'd love to see a white squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Thanks for that. And we hope they continue spreading, though gray squirrels are cute, too. At least they are when not causing damage. Be well!

      Delete
  5. White squirrels....we don't have them here but since I am not fond of squirrels then I hope they don't come this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can certainly do damage. Take care, my dear.

      Delete
  6. O yes, technological issues can be quite frustrating!
    But, with a bit of patience and perseverance, one can find a way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the word of encouragement. :) Be well!

      Delete
  7. A white squirrel. Now that's something. Hope your issues magically resolved with the photo uploading. I depend on magic fixes to tech issues all the time. I need magic for tech. Nothing else works. I could pray over broken devices with issues, but.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoy seeing those critters. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm sending you much the same. ~hugs~ And I understand how you feel about prayer. However fruitless some deem it, as is his or her right, the practice makes me feel better somehow. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!