Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Party Like It’s 1999

Last night I acted like someone aged thirty, not a woman on the cusp of fifty. Today my body feels it, though not too bad. I’m recovering.

And I had a wonderful time.

Palaye Royale came to town again, performing at the same venue as last March. This time, they were the headlining act. Three bands opened for them, all with a majority of female members. I don’t know if this was intentional, though PR frontman Remington Leith made mention.
From Last March - Em smirking at left
Rem on the right, my fat self in the middle
Whatever the case, they all rocked the house. I liked that there seemed to be a bluesy thread to some of the groups’ songs, not unlike many PR tunes. Without a doubt The Haunt, Dead Posey, and Bones kept me on my feet before the main act.

Well, truth be told, there was nowhere to sit. For whatever reason, the back bar and upper balcony were closed off, perhaps due to the somewhat smaller crowd. I’ve learned that comedy clubs rope off unsold seats so people pack tighter together. Proximity, it seems, makes reactions more contagious.

I basically danced around for four straight hours.

Of course Palaye Royale did not disappoint. Besides several well known favorites, the guys performed some new music not on either “Boom Boom Room: Side A” or “Side B”.

It was a blast, even if I didn’t get to talk to any of the brothers this time. I did see drummer Emerson Barrett up close.

When he walked past me toward the entrance I followed. ~grin~ He went for a discussion with their merchandising guy but took time for a few photos. Seeing how much meeting the band means to these kids both in person and online, I hung back to give youngsters opportunity. When Em said, “one more” and pulled a very young girl out of the small crowd I could only stand there smiling.

What a nice man.

Their planned meet and greet got postponed by a late arrival, so I headed home at eleven instead of getting in line with all those young girls. Again, it seemed only fair to give them the chance I received months ago.

Today a brief consideration to hit the gym is off the table. It’s taking a minor effort to stand for any length of time. Heh… So, it’s back to writing for me. Meanwhile, I’m trying to decide how to count my activity on the ActivTrax fitness software.

Do you thank it fair I count last night as two hours of light exercise?

-

10 comments:

  1. Yes count those two hours. I would. If you're feeling it then you did the work.

    I'm glad you had a great time. I know how much you love this band.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like exercise to me. I am glad you got to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the vote. And me, too! Good times.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what great fun! I'm jealous, haven't been to a concert forever. You're only 49? Oh, you make me feel ancient, being over 60 now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do so much, I thought you had to be younger! ~hugs~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  4. I am not so much of a rock fan. But since you like the band, it should surely be counted as an exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dancing around for four hours? Yeah, that's exercise. Too bad you didn't get to talk to the band. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was good just hearing Emerson's voice as he interacted with his fans. He's the introverted one! What a sweetheart. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!