Thursday, November 22, 2018

A Funny, Food for Thought – & – Happy Birthday to a Special Artist


Thanks to a FB Friend for Sharing

Today is Thanksgiving in the United States, when a huge number of folks hit the road to visit family. I forgot, to be honest, thinking it just another Thursday to haul soiled cat litter to the curb. Heh…

And you know what? I’m glad not to have plans.

I’m grateful we had our share of big gatherings while my mother still lived. I’m also thankful our dispersed family no longer expects my partner and I to drive across the state. Commuting for every major holiday got old. Easter was perhaps the worst, with just about everybody heading home at the same time late Sunday afternoon. With more cars every year, an average weekend can make for a dangerous drive.

As for the second part of my title, Happy Birthday sweet Emerson Barrett! He’s at left in the ‘hear no evil’ mime with his brothers. On this day of giving thanks, I can’t thank heaven enough for the music of Palaye Royale.

Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Say No Evil

What are your plans today?

-

12 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I moved to Oregon from California in 2011. Only me and two of my adult children live here. So, it's just us for holidays. We had our turkey dinner Tuesday, since one of us was expecting to be out of town today (didn't happen). What I will not be doing is shopping this afternoon in stores opening for sales! I AM making a coffee cake for breakfast soon! I'll be updating my blog. Reading my mystery novel. Playing hidden object PC games (I've started on the Xmas ones)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know my plans for today since you've visited me already this morning.

    I so remember having to go here and there and everywhere on the holidays. Along with working. I remember one year I worked day shift and eight hours later I had to work graveyard. I still managed to work in dinner with my parents during that eight hours off. Exhausted was my middle name.

    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday Dear Emerson Barrett,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Birthday to you.♪♪

    Have a fabulous day and Thanksgiving, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my! Just reading that exhausted me. ~grin~ I'm so glad you get to enjoy peace and quiet today. And thank you for making me giggle.

      Delete
  3. This is one of the two (three?) holidays I actually like, although I'm not looking forward to the gathering this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's not something you enjoy. I did once upon a time outside my parents' bickering, asthma kicked up by a houseful of people stirring up dog dander, the long drive... wait. Forget that. It was never fun for me. Heh... Hang in there, my dear.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Emerson Barrett. I am glad we have always hosted holidays so I never had to travel. I would rather get tired out cooking and get to be home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! I could never convince my family to head our way. ~sigh~ Hope you are well!

      Delete
  5. I am getting so upset....I have NO CLUE what is going on..I commented on this post the other day and now it is not there. This has been happening a lot lately. Leads me to ask WTH. Anyway...I said (what I remember about my comment) that I did a see no evil, hear no evil or speak no evil photo for my brother and sis in law for their Christmas card once....it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THERE I CHECKED this time and the comment is there....haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too. I did nothing and it was just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird. ~hugs~ I hope you are well today, staying warm and dry.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!